Kickstarter - Stock or BBR

(Posted to both YZ and WR Forum)

I snaped the kick starter of my YZ today. I know the '98's, were prone to this. I'm going to order a new one tomorrow. I looked at the BBR one, it's nice but $169. I don't know how much the stock one is yet, I'll call in the morning. Anyway any of you have the Brown Brothers Racing one care to comment? I read somewhere that Yamaha redesigned the part, can anybody confirm this?

------------------

Chris in the Mojave

'98 YZ400F

[This message has been edited by Chris in the Mojave (edited 05-14-2000).]

I think I read the same thing. I did end up ordering the BBR unit this morning, I tripped onto a "deal" I bought the BBR unit for 119. Sounded like a good deal since retail is 169. And it is a cool looking toy ;-) I still don't know how much the stock one is!

------------------

Chris in the Mojave

'98 YZ400F

Chris

I use the Pro-tec quick start kick starter and there is no way you could break this unit. I paid $95 it lists for $139.

I went with this unit since it is about 1.5" shorter than stock and I'm short and this makes it easier for me to start the bike in odd places. You know the ODD places where you sometimes end up and need to start your scoot. But since you are 6'4" probably not even a concern for you.

Clark

[This message has been edited by Clark Mason (edited 05-15-2000).]

You're right Clark the shorter length of the Pro-tech didn't really help me. I've long admired the engineering that comes from BBR, so I'm going to give it a shot.

I mounted my e-line skid plate up before the races out here this weekend, it worked great, thanks again for the tip.

------------------

Chris in the Mojave

'98 YZ400F