HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fabulous

Which fuel mixture screw?

13 posts in this topic

The two Zip-Ty screws I have work fine. Just be sure to use the OEM spring instead of the one that comes with the screw.

I have the same bike with you. Merge has one of the best fuel screws i have ever used. You can adjust it even when wearing your riding gloves.

I've had a zipty in my 426 for about 6 years now....never any problems with backing out or anything like that. Stays put and does the job

I have the moose racing screw made by zip ty and it is a great product, laser etched numbers anodized in many colors, and comes with a beefier than stock spring to prevent it from backing out. The spring really is stronger than stock unlike some that just say that. They run about $25.

http://www.mooseracing.com/catalog.jsp?level1=1756&level2=1782&level3=1792&product_group_id=7327

Okay, I read up on a bunch of these, and the Merge one actually gets great reviews, and my local race guys actually use them (Blackfoot) and they also sell them for $30 Canadian, so I think I'll snag one. After fully seated, how many turns out should I start at? This will go with my new Jardine RT-5 full system...

Start at 1.5 turns out and go from there.

Not that it matters, but I have a Zip-Ty and no complaints.