Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BEE5S4

05 YZ 450 exhaust.

4 posts in this topic

ok, im new here so be gentile. i have a bone stock 2005 yz 450. i mostly ride mx tracks. i am an average rider and looking for a slip on exhaust to replace the bulky stock one. i know they make tons of pipes for these bikes . i just want to know what is a popular/good exhaust to go with. and is it a bolt on and go or does it have to be jetted after?

thx

The choices are endless, but it will have to be re-jetted, usually richer. I have an 05 also, I started with a White Bros E2, it was decent but the rivets kept coming loose and was real loud, I finally installed steel rivets to cure the problem. Right now I am running the Big Gun Evo X. It is sweet, it has a removable spark arrestor and quiet core in the end cap.

I bought an FMF Anodized Ti Powercore for my 08. Helped out throttle response and power as well. Pipe does get a bit loud and has a removable spark arrestor. Overall im pretty happy with it and it looks good too. I found no need to tune the bike at all. copy the link below and have a look for yourself.

http://www.rockymountainatv.com/typeDetail.do?&navType=type&navTitle=Exhaust&webTypeId=57&webCatId=18