suspension removal help?

You can pretty much strip the entire bike with an 8,10 & 12mm socket, and an allen set. Of course you will need some other sizes for the wheels and suspension linkage but it is not too difficult. Do you have your manual? I can remove my suspension pretty quick now. The forks are obvious if you look at how they are attached (tripple clamps) and you will also need to remove the front wheel and caliper. For the shock pull the seat, remove the subframe bolts and loosen the air box boot where it attaches to the carb. Now pull the subframe and you will have plenty of room to get to the shock. While your in there you should probably pull the linkage apart and re-grease everything. Get a manual if you don't have one. Good luck.

do i have to remove the triple clamps? do the forks come off individually or can i pull them both off attached together still? im swapping for a yz426f suspension. have a manual but it seemed like it was only showing how to take apart the fork internals and not off the bike.b what tools do i need to grease the swing arm bearings and put it bake together?

Pull the front wheel first, then loosen all (8) pinch bolts on the tripple clamps and remove each fork leg individually. The tripple clamps do not need to be removed. I like to use a rubber mallet or dead blow hammer to tap each leg out of the clamps. As for the rear linkage I'm not sure off the top off my head what the sizes are but if you have some metric wrenches and sockets up to about 24mm and a torque wrtench you should be good to go. I have a pretty good assortment of tools so for me it was never an issue, but trust me I know how it is when you are trying to find the right tools to start/finish the job. When pulling the linkage apart pay close attention to how everything came apart and refer to the manual. The Yamaha book has a very good exploded view of how everything goes together just take your time and keep all parts and hardware in ziploc bags and lable them. You may also want to take pics to help but I really don't think you will need them. I use plenty BelRay waterproof grease and a good torque wrench to tighten all of the linkage bolts to the proper specs and have never needed to replace any parts on my 02'. Pay attention and follow the manual and you will be fine. I know there are some pretty good write-ups on this floating around. You could do a search or someone may post a link for you if they have it. Don't be afraid to dig in and get your hands dirty. Once you get more familiar with your bike you will be much more comfortable keeping it mantained in the future.

You should not unless you start taking bearings out which I presume you are not interested in. You can regrease everything with your finger and a big dollop of lube; work it into the bearings. Don't just toss it in cuz it'll get pushed out when you put the pivot bearing sleeves back in.

Dustdogg wrote it up very well! :bonk: Take your time, put all bolts and washers in a safe place so you don't kick them across the floor (like I have done), use good tools and a torque wrench (very important!).

dont i need a bearing tool to push it back together?

i got the forks off my bike now i need help getting out the rear shock. is it necessary to drain the coolant to remove the rear shock? its says to in the manual. it also says to remove the coolant reservoir and the silencer. do these need to be removed?

i got the forks off my bike now i need help getting out the rear shock. is it necessary to drain the coolant to remove the rear shock? its says to in the manual. it also says to remove the coolant reservoir and the silencer. do these need to be removed?

I think you answered it yourself.

i got it all off the other day now i need to get my yz426f suspension in it? when the bike is on a stand and the chain is still on the rear wheel should it spin easily or should it not spin too much when you give it a turn? i heard if its hard to spin while on a stand it could have bad bearings but wanted to know if that was with the chain off the sprokets? also i left the rear linkage on the bike should my 01 wr426f linkage fit a 2002 yz426f shock?thanks