Just got my YZ450

what up fellas...i just got my yz450f, 2006...and ditched my trx450r. after three rides on the bike. my quad had huge punch...my bike has a sluggish nature to it. anyone have any advice on how to get that thing running better. my initial thoughts are...the stock cams suck. not enough air flow coming in...to restricted...it feels like my trx did bone stock. looking for any and all advice to help my bike run like a race bike should. thanks.

Thats wierd. I swicthed from a trx450 to a crf450r and the power felt like double lol.

honda does have a sick set-up. no doubt there. maybe i need a crf....or not.

The '06 YZ 450fs haul ass.

Sounds like you need a top end.

a 450 bike should rip on a 450 quad. I know...I had both. Most 450 "race" quad motors are built off the "trail" bike counterpart. The YFZ 450 motor was based of the WR 450, not YZ, Hondas TRX 450, based on CRFX and so on.

Something is wrong. As mentioned, top end may be getting tired.

what up fellas...i just got my yz450f, 2006...and ditched my trx450r. after three rides on the bike. my quad had huge punch...my bike has a sluggish nature to it. anyone have any advice on how to get that thing running better. my initial thoughts are...the stock cams suck. not enough air flow coming in...to restricted...it feels like my trx did bone stock. looking for any and all advice to help my bike run like a race bike should. thanks.

Jetting, top end, dirty airfilter, restricted muffler (maybe needs repacking). The YZ 450 was one of the best bikes ever built. It should blow the doors off the trx450.

Jetting, top end, dirty airfilter, restricted muffler (maybe needs repacking). The YZ 450 was one of the best bikes ever built. It should blow the doors off the trx450.

+1 your yz 450 is hurting for certain .

my 03 unrestricted wr450 will roast a 450 quad .

yea the yz450 should be quicker then the quad.. jetting, clutch slip, needing a new top end, ect can all be factors

Sounds like this post should be in the Yamaha YZ forum. I'm just sayin...

Have you taken it over any sweet jumps?

did your TRX450 have the HRC kit? my friends had that and I poo you not that thing was almost as fast as my CRF450R that has a ported head and aftermarket exhaust. I rode a YZ450 (05 or 06) and it felt like a dog compared to my CRF

I'd just go back to the quad, they kick ass man.

I'd just go back to the quad, they kick ass man.

:busted::banana: :banana: :busted: :busted:

close 5.9...i had curtis sparks set up my engine for me...so yeah, she was a nasty b**** alright. but needed a new challenge. so moved back to a dirtbike after 8yrs. thanks for all the insight, tips, and attempted jabs. "I do not know what makes it fast, I just know how to make it go fast." thanks wrenches.

My YZ 450 has oodles of power, got to be something wrong, any idea how many hours on the bike?

my 06 kill any 450 quad i ever hill climb against, even with cdi camshaft pipe and upgraded filter. same for the ktm 525. a mod out banshee with 100 horse was the only quad i had no chance.

somthing is not right beacuse a stock crf engine and a stock yz are 96.5% even, just diffrent power delivery.

Have you taken it over any sweet jumps?

:bonk: :bonk:

Do a compression test and check your valve clearance. My 04 YZ KILLS quads with no problem, your 06 should do the same. There's issues in the motor for sure.