Problem. Major Problem.

So, while being stupid on my '03 YZ450 about two months ago, I noticed oil all over my swingarm, which came directly from a massive hole in my case from my chain impacting it. I have no idea what to do. What are my options for fixing it, about how much will it cost me, and would I be better off just selling the beast?

Depends on the position and extent of the damage. In most cases, the hole can be closed with a TIG welder. Fabricating something to weld into the hole can be necessary if the hole is big enough.

I did this on my 03....because I failed to keep checking the Masterlink clip. They sharpen, wear out and break off sending the chain into the case wreeking havoc.

I replaced the case and added a ZIPTy racing case saver, and never neglected my master link clip again. When they sharpen over time get a new clip. It hurts to think that a 10cent part will save you a lot of time and money, but it does. Lucky you did not go end over end and that your rear hub was not destroyed as well as the swingarm getting tweeked.

I did this on my 03....because I failed to keep checking the Masterlink clip. They sharpen, wear out and break off sending the chain into the case wreeking havoc.

I replaced the case and added a ZIPTy racing case saver, and never neglected my master link clip again. When they sharpen over time get a new clip. It hurts to think that a 10cent part will save you a lot of time and money, but it does. Lucky you did not go end over end and that your rear hub was not destroyed as well as the swingarm getting tweeked.

I reversed the pins on the master clip, so i clip on the inside and the wear is greatly reduced.

In a race in 79 I JB welded a quarter over a chain hole in the case. My neighbor still has the bike with the quarter holding tight. He always says I know it's worth at least twenty five cents.

Thanks guys, I didn't think about welding it up. I'll be getting it looked at this weekend. Cheers!