HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tim

Oil Temp gauge

5 posts in this topic

Hey boys,

I was reading in the May additon of Dirt Bike Mag and I saw a little product review of a oil temp gauge that takes the place of the oil dipstick. I think this is a GREAT idea. The bad news is that it is from a company called "XRs only". Has anyone seen something like this for the YZF? I want one of these things. The WR owners I would think would be all over these things! I would consider trying to design one up and making a few if others were interested.

See ya

Tim

Update:

XRs had one of those oil temp dipsticks in stock for the 426 and I should be getting it in about a week. When it shows up, I will report on its function.

Us desert dwellers would be interested to here how it worked. I wonder if it will clear the Scott's stablizer mount?

Keep us posted!

------------------

Chris in the Mojave

'98 YZ400F

Oil temp gauge that takes the place of the oil dipstick

There was a test on one of these about 4 months ago in one of the major mags.

The bottom line was that the vibration ferked them pretty quickly.

------------------

--

**Ride it like you Stole it!**

Matt Porritt

99 YZ400F

Rubber Chicken Racing

call whitebros they have a nice trick looking one for the yz/wr only draw back is it won't work with the big tank or some steering stablizers.