HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
panaman

Reserve Fuel Range...

5 posts in this topic

My bike is pretty stock.... I did the JD kit and AIS removal and thats it...

Yesterday I went riding with a friend at wayne national forest........ at about 41 miles I ran out of gas.... kinda scared me because we were pretty far out....... anyway.... i put it on reserve and we made it back to the camp grounds....

are milage was 51 miles..... I opened the gas tank and put a flash light in it... there was still some gas in the bottom of the tank..... by the amount that I saw.. i was thinking maybe another 10 - miles.....

So basically it seems like the reserve is about 1/3 of the fuel capacity... does this seem acurate to you?

My bike is pretty stock.... I did the JD kit and AIS removal and thats it...

Yesterday I went riding with a friend at wayne national forest........ at about 41 miles I ran out of gas.... kinda scared me because we were pretty far out....... anyway.... i put it on reserve and we made it back to the camp grounds....

are milage was 51 miles..... I opened the gas tank and put a flash light in it... there was still some gas in the bottom of the tank..... by the amount that I saw.. i was thinking maybe another 10 - miles.....

So basically it seems like the reserve is about 1/3 of the fuel capacity... does this seem acurate to you?

I only had my stock tank for one season. But 10-15 miles seems about max for reserve that I can remember.

I've never truly run out though You need to carry a little gas with you and ride untill reserve runs out. Then you'll really know :busted:

Remember, though depending on how hard you ride, that could vary considerably. Don't run it that close unless you have to.

When I hit reserve I'm in the go-slow-get-home mode....I know it's good for about 10 miles before I get up close and personal with a tow strap.