Reserve Fuel Range...

My bike is pretty stock.... I did the JD kit and AIS removal and thats it...

Yesterday I went riding with a friend at wayne national forest........ at about 41 miles I ran out of gas.... kinda scared me because we were pretty far out....... anyway.... i put it on reserve and we made it back to the camp grounds....

are milage was 51 miles..... I opened the gas tank and put a flash light in it... there was still some gas in the bottom of the tank..... by the amount that I saw.. i was thinking maybe another 10 - miles.....

So basically it seems like the reserve is about 1/3 of the fuel capacity... does this seem acurate to you?

For me it's 40-45 miles to reserve. 15 miles of reserve, max

My bike is pretty stock.... I did the JD kit and AIS removal and thats it...

Yesterday I went riding with a friend at wayne national forest........ at about 41 miles I ran out of gas.... kinda scared me because we were pretty far out....... anyway.... i put it on reserve and we made it back to the camp grounds....

are milage was 51 miles..... I opened the gas tank and put a flash light in it... there was still some gas in the bottom of the tank..... by the amount that I saw.. i was thinking maybe another 10 - miles.....

So basically it seems like the reserve is about 1/3 of the fuel capacity... does this seem acurate to you?

I only had my stock tank for one season. But 10-15 miles seems about max for reserve that I can remember.

I've never truly run out though You need to carry a little gas with you and ride untill reserve runs out. Then you'll really know :busted:

Remember, though depending on how hard you ride, that could vary considerably. Don't run it that close unless you have to.

When I hit reserve I'm in the go-slow-get-home mode....I know it's good for about 10 miles before I get up close and personal with a tow strap.