HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Harry_in_Oz

426 flywheel weight

4 posts in this topic

OK guys I have been checking archives etc. I am left with a couple of questions. It seems that there is room for a weight INSIDE the existing flywheel on the YZ426;

1) is this correct?

2)does this mean that there is room for a bush type weight (A piece of pipe)inside the lip or a hollow disk (like a big washer)?

3) are any weights suitable for the YZ426 available in Australia or do I have to macine one?

4) Is the 10 oz. the choice for the YZ426?

Regards, Harry

OK guys I have been checking archives etc. I am left with a couple of questions. It seems that there is room for a weight INSIDE the existing flywheel on the YZ426;

1) is this correct?

2)does this mean that there is room for a bush type weight (A piece of pipe)inside the lip or a hollow disk (like a big washer)?

3) are any weights suitable for the YZ426 available in Australia or do I have to macine one?

4) Is the 10 oz. the choice for the YZ426?

1) Yes there is enough room to mount a weight on the inside.

2) A big washer type weight is what you need.

3) You can machine one or contact Phil Tomlin as he'll deff have something or contact Ballards.

4) It depends on what you want to do with it.

If I remember correctly the 99 YZ had about 18 oz less flywheel than the WR.. the 426 has a lighter flywheel than the 400 so I'd say if you're trail riding it then go for a 10-12oz maybe even a 14?

------------------

--

**Ride it like you Stole it!**

Matt Porritt

99 YZ400F

Rubber Chicken Racing

Thanks Matt, how are you healing? I'm starting to catch up on some fitness, my pelvis seems to have settled down and my riding is improving. I'm hoping to be riding well by the Queens birthday weekend for the Sidetracks Subs ride, I figure that I'll be able to catch up with many of the DSMRa people there. Nindigully is on that weekend, Its my ambition to be fit enough to race there next year. I wonder if they will have an over 50s class. Don't tell my wife.

Thanks Matt, how are you healing? I'm starting to catch up on some fitness, my pelvis seems to have settled down and my riding is improving. I'm hoping to be riding well by the Queens birthday weekend for the Sidetracks Subs ride, I figure that I'll be able to catch up with many of the DSMRa people there. Nindigully is on that weekend, Its my ambition to be fit enough to race there next year. I wonder if they will have an over 50s class. Don't tell my wife.

I'm healing OK...

Going to be another 4-8 weeks thoug before I can attemp to ride a bike :)

Back/hip is holding up ok (touch wood)

I'm aiming for 110% fitness for the Aust 4 Day Enduro in Feb.

------------------

--

**Ride it like you Stole it!**

Matt Porritt

99 YZ400F

Rubber Chicken Racing