2007-2010 WR450's mostly same?

i had a 07 wr450 with about 30 hours that i sold because i was thinking 2010 would be FI. Now since i wont be buying a 2010, i still saw a few dealers that carry 08 new models and lots of 09 models, nobody has 07s thats for sure, but i was just wondering if they are basically the same from 07-10?

i think i saw somewhere that maybe 08 got some good changes from the 07 and 09 and 10 are basically different graphics with everything else the same?

im 200lbs with gear, but im assuming the spring rates would be same on all 07-10, as well as the gearing?

the best deal i could find was $5500 08 new, but thats not OTD, they might let it go for $5500 OTD? 09 best deal i could find was $6400 OTD new, surely $1000 is not worth it for just the graphics change? haha

Graphics are the only change. 2010's are 09's. Buy the 08 save the grand.

09's may have a little better resale being newer.

Agreed. Go with the '08 and save yourself some dough.

If you plan to keep and ride the bike, get the oldest year 07+ WR you can find...oh and as of right now, there is no 2010 WR's :busted:

well i cant find the oldest 07 new, so 08 new is the only option i can go with, and i will probably keep it till someday the FI comes out, my guess is 2011, and even then i wont get it right away, ill wait till the end of 2011 to find some new left overs before the 2012s come out, so i want a new bike to keep for about 2 years, but i dont think the 09s and 08s would cost around the same cost in 2011, i dont think there would be a $1,000 resale difference on them.

The same. As for your 07....did you ride with stock springs or go up one or two?

i had a 07 wr450 with about 30 hours that i sold because i was thinking 2010 would be FI. Now since i wont be buying a 2010, i still saw a few dealers that carry 08 new models and lots of 09 models, nobody has 07s thats for sure, but i was just wondering if they are basically the same from 07-10?

i think i saw somewhere that maybe 08 got some good changes from the 07 and 09 and 10 are basically different graphics with everything else the same?

im 200lbs with gear, but im assuming the spring rates would be same on all 07-10, as well as the gearing?

the best deal i could find was $5500 08 new, but thats not OTD, they might let it go for $5500 OTD? 09 best deal i could find was $6400 OTD new, surely $1000 is not worth it for just the graphics change? haha

Last February I bought an 07' that had like 3 hours on it, seriously.... I already had an 07' in the garage but this other one had a plate and was for all intensive purposes, new.... if you check CL enough you'll find 07's that someone put money into with bolt ons and never rode it:thumbsup: I was happy to see no new WR for 2010 cause I just paid $5k for this BARELY used 07' but the plate was worth every red cent and it is the same bike as the 08', 09' and 2010:ride:

Can anybody tell me where you are seeing that the 010's are going to only have a grafix change?? not speculation but fact?? All i have see or heard is rumours!!

Basically same. 2010 has only longer handle posts.

Can anybody tell me where you are seeing that the 010's are going to only have a grafix change?? not speculation but fact?? All i have see or heard is rumours!!

http://www.yamaha-motor.ca/products/products.php?model=3264&class=80&group=M|&LANG=en#contentTop

Funny thing is they now added a plate holder and some reflectors on the Canadian model.

Same time that BC has now entered the realm of California/Washington and made it illegal to plate these bikes :busted:

Tribal - Will you be grandfather in?

Tribal - Will you be grandfather in?

It sounds like it but no one really knows for sure yet. They just suddenly announced this to us Sept 15.

The big issue is if I get pulled over and told to get an inspection, then I'm done as it'a an inspection we can not pass :busted: