hissing sound with the radiator...

Is it because i have a very small crack in the radiator that i hear a rythmic hissing sound, about every 1/3 of a second? I have to mention that i loose about a tablespoon of coolant every day i go out, so it's not that big a crack...

Or is it something with the radiator cap, maybe it can't hold the pressure properly?

the cap may be a different issue. to fix a small leak I would pick up some Bars Leak from the auto parts store and use as directed.

They maybe able to test your cap too.

the cap may be a different issue. to fix a small leak I would pick up some Bars Leak from the auto parts store and use as directed.

They maybe able to test your cap too.

I suppose "Bars Leak" is some sort of high-temperature adhesive used to fix holes in aluminium? Sorry, i am from Romania...we don't have that brand of adhesive here.

Regarding your suggestion that they may be able to test the cap...well...I think mentioning my location is enough :busted::banana:

So...the cap can be an issue if it doesn't seal the radiator properly? Can that valve on top be damaged?

Some high temperature silicone should be able to plug up the small leak.

Because it is a continual, rhythmic sound, I would guess it is just the pressure put out by the water pump as the vanes on the impeller spin, creating a tiny surge in pressure, causing a bit to squirt out of the crack and vaporize on hot metal.

Some high temperature silicone should be able to plug up the small leak.

Because it is a continual, rhythmic sound, I would guess it is just the pressure put out by the water pump as the vanes on the impeller spin, creating a tiny surge in pressure, causing a bit to squirt out of the crack and vaporize on hot metal.

Best answer so far, in my oppinion... :busted:

Would there be any damage to the water pump or to anything else if i run the engine like this, or is the adhesive / silicone mandatory? The water loss after 2-3 hours of engine running is about 1 tablespoon...

You need to find an additive for your radiator to stop leaks (auto parts store), you just pour it in, but you probably only need to add a little of it? You are not leaking very much fluid, drive it like it is, but pay close attention to it. Remember a bad crash can take out a rad, wait untill you really need to have it fixed or replaced!! Take the plastic shrouds off and go for a ride and see if you can find where the leak is?

http://www.barsproducts.com/C16_R6.htm

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000AME522