Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
seven10

miss-shifts on 09

7 posts in this topic

Hey everyone I have a 09 and I'm having a huge problems with missing shifts (when I up-shift it gets caught in between gears) I have never had this problem on any other bike I've owned so I'm thinking I can throw out rider error, and I always keep fresh oil in the bike so I don't know what else it could be...Is anyone else having this problem!?

Does it mis-shift when you shift without the clutch? If you always shift without the clutch and it's obviously still doing it, then maybe move your shift lever down a notch. If you do shift with the clutch, is your clutch adjusted properly?

Is this your 1st Yamaha? I must say my Yamahas have never shifted as well as Honda 's I had. I don't have enough experience on other brands to comment on them. I minimize the issue by making sure the shifter is adjusted perfect for me and always try to make sure my shifts are firm and deliberate.

Is this your 1st Yamaha? I must say my Yamahas have never shifted as well as Honda 's I had. I don't have enough experience on other brands to comment on them. I minimize the issue by making sure the shifter is adjusted perfect for me and always try to make sure my shifts are firm and deliberate.

yeah this is my first yamaha 450 i had a few yz250f and never had a problem, and yes my shift lever is adjusted the same as i would have it on any other bike (even when the footpeg) and I'll check right now too see how tight it is

Some Yamaha shifters have a tendency to slide towards the motor, causing the shifter to catch on the ignition cover.