HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
socalmofo

Best Pipe for 2009 YZ450

14 posts in this topic

I am buying a YZ450 this week and looking to add a pipe right away. Any ideas?

What other mods are a must do from the start?

Thanks!

The best handling/running bike I've ridden is my friends 07 YZ450F with DRD pipe and the DRD rad lowering kit...And almost everything else about that bike is the same as mine...

My FMF Q4ti is great for trail riding (quiet with a very smooth powerband), but I miss my WB Alum Pro II at the track (noticeably boosted the bottom end)...

I'm happy with it and going to stick with the FMF, but if I were to do it over, I'd go with the DRD and get the rad lowering kit...

I agree that the Dr.D seems to be the shabizness now, although I had good luck with white bros, but that was before they became vance and hines I believe.

+1 on the Dr. D. I'm running it on my 09 yz450f, only problem is you have to loosen the pipe and lift it up to change the oil filter. Just a couple more minutes of work every time you change the oil filter.

+1 on the Dr. D. I'm running it on my 09 yz450f, only problem is you have to loosen the pipe and lift it up to change the oil filter. Just a couple more minutes of work every time you change the oil filter.

It doesn't bother me after owning a 426 for 6 years :busted:

Thanks for the replies. Does anyone know if any of the pipe companies offer a "shorty" type pipe. Im not a big fan of how far the DrD pipe and others stick out past the number plate.

Also, should I get just the canister or the header and canister?

Thanks!

Thanks for the replies. Does anyone know if any of the pipe companies offer a "shorty" type pipe. Im not a big fan of how far the DrD pipe and others stick out past the number plate.

for shorty style your best bet is FMF or MRD (pictured)...

08yz450f.jpg