Best Pipe for 2009 YZ450

I am buying a YZ450 this week and looking to add a pipe right away. Any ideas?

What other mods are a must do from the start?

Thanks!

for the power, value, and support I would go with a Dubach Racing Exhaust

Yep, a Dr. D is popular. The best "mod" is free: set your sag.

for the power, value, and support I would go with a Dubach Racing Exhaust

+1 DRD is the best bang for the buck! :busted:

www.yoshimura-rd.com

their stainless/aluminum system is tuff to beat for the "bang for the buck":thumbsup:

I love my Dr. D but also hear good things about MRD.

The best handling/running bike I've ridden is my friends 07 YZ450F with DRD pipe and the DRD rad lowering kit...And almost everything else about that bike is the same as mine...

My FMF Q4ti is great for trail riding (quiet with a very smooth powerband), but I miss my WB Alum Pro II at the track (noticeably boosted the bottom end)...

I'm happy with it and going to stick with the FMF, but if I were to do it over, I'd go with the DRD and get the rad lowering kit...

I agree that the Dr.D seems to be the shabizness now, although I had good luck with white bros, but that was before they became vance and hines I believe.

+1 on the Dr. D. I'm running it on my 09 yz450f, only problem is you have to loosen the pipe and lift it up to change the oil filter. Just a couple more minutes of work every time you change the oil filter.

+1 on the Dr. D. I'm running it on my 09 yz450f, only problem is you have to loosen the pipe and lift it up to change the oil filter. Just a couple more minutes of work every time you change the oil filter.

It doesn't bother me after owning a 426 for 6 years :busted:

Thanks for the replies. Does anyone know if any of the pipe companies offer a "shorty" type pipe. Im not a big fan of how far the DrD pipe and others stick out past the number plate.

Also, should I get just the canister or the header and canister?

Thanks!

Thanks for the replies. Does anyone know if any of the pipe companies offer a "shorty" type pipe. Im not a big fan of how far the DrD pipe and others stick out past the number plate.

for shorty style your best bet is FMF or MRD(pictured)...

08yz450f.jpg

I have an 08 and I have the Ti-4 titanium full system. I love it.