HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
XMXZX

05 WR 450 Cutting out

4 posts in this topic

I bought a used 2005 WR 450 at the begining on this summer and have put around 600 miles on it. It has a total of 1005 on it now. It is pretty much stock other than a silencer, water pump, gearing, and a street legal kit. I was out riding this weekend and it ran great up until saturday night. I started it late in the day and went to take off and the head light kept flickering and the motor kept cutting out and turning on and I couldn't accelerate. Then it finnaly died and I couldn't get it started. Came back and got it with the truck and then after I unloadeed it it seemed to run fine but the light was still flickering. Started it up sunday and the motor was cutting out again when I tried to ride it. One other thing that I noticed is the tail light flickers too when I turn it on. The batery seems to be dead too because the electric start doesn't work on it now either. I am thinking it is the stator but not really sure. Thanks for any help.

Perhaps, the flickering light was a warning to stop riding, and start wrenching?

- loose connections in harness, at battery, at main ground, coil ground, etc.

All of the connections to the batery were good. Just put in a new battery last night and it seems to be working fine now. Going to try and take it for a longer ride tonight to make sure everything is good.

Thanks