stripped head on oil drain bolt help!!!!!!!!!!!!

the wr426f i just bought has a stripped head on the oil drain bolt. it is a 12mm socket and i tried hammering on a 11mm and when i tried turing it the bolt stripped again. what can i do to get it off??? i was thinking about jb welding a socket to it. any easier way?:busted::banana: why does every used bike i buy have to have a sripped oil drain bolt :banana::busted:

Try vise grips or a bolt removal tool from sears. then replace it with a magnetic drain plug sold here on thumpertalk.

try using one of these gator sockets

http://www.endeavorproducts.com/

do those work on completely rounded bolts? mine is a circle pretty much.

well... they are pretty cheap to buy... only way to find out is to try it....

Orite mate. just had the same problem with my brothers bike. I lay the bike on its side. Hammered a smaller socket on just like you did. Then removed it with an 'Impact Driver' and a hammer. Do you know what i mean?

thanks for the help guys i got it off. i used an irwin damaged socket kit. i went and bought a sears kit too but when i got home i dropped the pieces everywhere in the garage opening it. i looked every where and couldnt find the one i needed. so i went to orielys and bought the irwin kit. i got the oil changed. i used synthetic lucus motorcycle oil 20w 50. is it normal for the oil to have to go in very gradually when pouring? it took abount 15 -20 minutes for the bike to soak up 1.8 quarts of it???????

i don't have a 426... but damn... 1.8 quarts of oil?? you sure thats the correct amount?

sounds like alot to me.... heck my DRZ only takes 1700ML

the newer wr450's take 1000ML

i don't have a 426... but damn... 1.8 quarts of oil?? you sure thats the correct amount?

sounds like alot to me.... heck my DRZ only takes 1700ML

the newer wr450's take 1000ML

i thought it said 1.8 q

my old yz400f took 1.6 or 1.8 don't remember for sure. alot more than my wr takes...

my old yz400f took 1.6 or 1.8 don't remember for sure. alot more than my wr takes...

it looks full when i checked it. just right i think so i should be good.