HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bakeyz426f

my new bike pic and a few questions?

18 posts in this topic

i spent 2-3 hours scrubbing down the engine brakes and rims just to get it kind of clean. it was caked on there real bad. what oil do you guys use? also i bought a electro sport ignition key and need help installing it. do i cut any wires or do i just plug it in? heres the bike its a 2001 wr426f

DSCN8133.jpg

DSCN8135.jpg

looks great in the pics i think. only problem now is i have i stripped head on the oil drain bolt by the skid plate. ahhhhhh! any ideas of how to get it out. has any one ever hack sawed a slit in the head and got it out by turning a screw driver with a wrench

If you can fit a small pipe wrench in thare try that first then go to the slot and screw driver method. He any body ever tried the socket that claims it will take out any rounded off bolt?

The head of mine was rounded off when I bought the bike too. Tried pipe wrench and did not work. Take off the skid plate to give more side room and get a chisel and put a groove in the side edge of the one piece washer thing that the head is connected to. all one piece. be careful of the engine case that you do not mare it. then get a big end screw driver and hit with small hammer to knock it loose. This was how I got my off and it worked great. bike looks great.

did that ruin your case threads? i was thinking of buying the damaged bolt remover kit from sears. ever used it? if that doesnt work i thought i could try hacksawing a groove for a big screw drver and then twist the screw driver with a wrech

No problem with case threads. just the head was destroyed and I put the groove on the base of the bolt assembly. Looks like a large washer that is actually attached to the bolt.

looks great in the pics i think. only problem now is i have i stripped head on the oil drain bolt by the skid plate. ahhhhhh! any ideas of how to get it out. has any one ever hack sawed a slit in the head and got it out by turning a screw driver with a wrench

A drill and an ez-out.

then replace it with a magnetic plug.

Bike looks cherry.

Still has all the 8 year old warning stickers on the fenders.:busted:

it seems like a pretty good bike. i bought it for 1600. spent most of the day scrubbing it down to get it clean. the only bad thing is the drain plug. i ordered a new timming chain and the gaskets i need to replace to put a new timming chain on. i have a yz426f flywheel puller will it work for my wr426? im i little scared of using a chisel on my bike. also heard bad things about easy offs breaking off and it makes it real hard to fix. has any one used the sears damaged bolt kit or something like that? i already have a moose racing magnetic plug i bought for my yz426f that i think should fit right? all i have to do is get the dang bolt out.

it seems like a pretty good bike. i bought it for 1600. spent most of the day scrubbing it down to get it clean. the only bad thing is the drain plug. i ordered a new timming chain and the gaskets i need to replace to put a new timming chain on. i have a yz426f flywheel puller will it work for my wr426? im i little scared of using a chisel on my bike. also heard bad things about easy offs breaking off and it makes it real hard to fix. has any one used the sears damaged bolt kit or something like that? i already have a moose racing magnetic plug i bought for my yz426f that i think should fit right? all i have to do is get the dang bolt out.

The flywheel puller should work. (don't take that as gospel)

There is always a possibility of an EZ out breaking,but that drain plug shouldn't be in there that tight.

I have used a cold chisel to get a rounded off bolt to break loose,then removed it by hand.(PM for details)

I have no experience with the sears kit.

And the drain plug for the YZ should work fantastic.

I clicked on a few tabs in that link panaman posted.

And got to this page that says,

Online Retailers

Endeavorstore.com

Gator-Grip.com

Amazon.com

HAPP Control

Sears

K-Mart

Toolsforless.com

Ace Hardware Outlet

got it out thanks guys! i used a irwin damaged bolt kit with the 11m piece to get it out. is it normal for it to take 15-20 minutes to get the oil poured in? i used synthetic lucas motorcycle oil 20w 50. im thinkin mabye the strainer or oil filter needs cleaned or replaced. i didnt check the strainer like the maual says. i was going to change the oil again this week proboly when i replace the timming chain.

yours looks very uncorked.... and yes... i removed that cover to the air box on mine and threw it on the shelf