Double post - mod please delete

Thought I'd share my latest project. On my last ride I had some overheating on my '03 WR450 so I decided to look into putting a fan on the bike. After looking it over I decided that it was going to be difficult with the IMS tank. The IMS came on the bike when I bought it and I never really liked it much so now was a good excuse to ditch it and get the Acerbis 3.4g:thumbsup: I bought a SPAL 4" puller fan and made an aluminum mounting plate which my buddy welded on to the radiator brace. Again the brace came on the bike so I'm not sure who the mfr is. Frankly they are not very beefy braces but perfect to mount the fan on. So I got everything fitted up this morning and it looks like it's going to line up nicely. Next I'll start working on a stator mod so the DC circuit can keep up and mounting up a thermal switch in the return hose to control the fan. So far so good.....

fan008Small.jpg

fan015Small.jpg

fan020Small.jpg

fan025Small.jpg

fan028Small.jpg

Thought I'd share my latest project. On my last ride I had some overheating on my '03 WR450 so I decided to look into putting a fan on the bike. After looking it over I decided that it was going to be difficult with the IMS tank. The IMS came on the bike when I bought it and I never really liked it much so now was a good excuse to ditch it and get the Acerbis 3.4g:thumbsup: I bought a SPAL 4" puller fan and made an aluminum mounting plate which my buddy welded on to the radiator brace. Again the brace came on the bike so I'm not sure who the mfr is. Frankly they are not very beefy braces but perfect to mount the fan on. So I got everything fitted up this morning and it looks like it's going to line up nicely. Next I'll start working on a stator mod so the DC circuit can keep up and mounting up a thermal switch in the return hose to control the fan. So far so good.....

Nice:thumbsup:

Keep us posted on how that works.

I'm very curious as to your bracket holding up to the weight of the fan with all the bouncing around of a dirt bike.

Well I was going to have this post deleted and the other one continue on but since we're here maybe the mod can rename this one back to 'Fan on a WR450' and delete the other one.

Anyway as for the bracket it is very stout so I pretty sure it will hold up fine.

Overheating, eh? Mine doesn't, ever.

Normally I don't have much trouble but this last ride was very technical single track at very high elevation. Apparently a deadly combo. The bike got so hot the fuel actually boiled in the tank. Some of that I attribute to the IMS tank design but a lot of other bikes on the ride were overheating as well.