Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
drfakoo

Yamaha WR 450 F Rally Light Kit.

16 posts in this topic

Hi Folks !!!

As some of you may know, I´m preparing my Yamaha wr 450 into a light rally bike, for my trips to Morocco.

Jorge Velayos from JVO Racing (www.jvo-racing.com) is the preparator. The kit I´m getting is a small version of the BIG kit he sells for real Dakar bikes.

The other day we were taking about the possibility of offering this light kit for the american and australian market.

Could this be interesting ??? What do you think ?

For sure the quality of this kit is by far much better as the mecasystem ones, and a lot cheaper for sure.

The hole fairing, mud guard, and skid plate is done in reinforced carbon fiber, and the gas tanks in a super strong plastic (I don´t know the exact name of the material, but very similar as Acerbis tanks).

The complete kit should cost near the 3000€ with all the hardware.

Not so expensive for a pro kit compared with other kits.

If theres a market, he will put this in production.

So let me know what do you think about this.

Do you like it ??? I´m in love for sure.

I have no commercial interests with the fabricator; just want to share it with you.

Here are a few pictures of the Rally Light proto bike (not finished).

blu100_3410blu.jpg

blu100_3407blu.jpg

blu100_3413blu.jpg

(Colour is photoshoped, my fault... ;-))

Cheers

Facu

interesting..... how the heck do you see whats in front of you.. do you use the force?

I wondered the same also. However, I do enjoy the look of Dakar rally race bikes, the look has always intrigued me. How much does the set-up cost and what does it give you?

interesting..... how the heck do you see whats in front of you.. do you use the force?

YOU ARE STANDING UP MOST OF THE TIME.....

GOOD ONE.....I'LL GIVE YOU THAT.....:busted:

It's all good. One sets up their bike for how it best suits them.:banana:

the reason i said that, most rally bikes i've seen.. the top part of the fairing thing is a window

You don't need to reinvent the wheel. Just copy one of the various fairings that suits many WR450 Rally models. Certainly you DO need to see ahead while seated. Otherwise...

Wow your bike looks sik i like it, i live in Dakar and i am going back there in about a month do you know where i can buy a WR450 yamaha engine year 2001 shocks and water pump? i will be so greatfull and ii need also a honda XR300 engine but dont know where to start, please can you help

That's a cool kit.. I might be interested..

I used to have a 2000 KTM 660 Rallye, that thing was a blast in open terrain, not so much in the mud..

660.jpg

the reason i said that, most rally bikes i've seen.. the top part of the fairing thing is a window

I think Adventure bikes have a clear screen, but most Rally bikes have a solid screen for two main reasons - the first is the race number board goes on the front so you couldn't see though it anyway, and the second is with all the navigation equipment in the cockpit, you couldn't see through it anyway...

Here's a picture of that JVO fairing on a WR450 from the front.. unless you are a midget, you can see over the top just fine...

pil4g.jpg

In reality, at speed, you are looking way further ahead than immediately in front of the wheel , and in technical terrain, you are likely to be standing anyway? Also, a low fender on a rally bike actually makes it easier to see where your front wheel is, rather than a high fender which actually masks the wheel!

xxx

That picture with the Pyramid in the back is AWESOME :moon:

Hee hee - here's another of another WR450 with the same kit:

pil5g.jpg

Neither bikes are mine unfortunately, although I am seriously considering one for next season..

This however is my current Yamaha rally bike (XT660Z Tenere) which I rode on the Heroes-Legend Paris to Dakar rally earlier this year:

Somewhere in Mauritania:

HL2009_leg09_423.jpg

And at Lac Rose with my mate Stephane Peterhansel x:

HeroesLegend2009271.jpg

JennyMo xx

watching Peterhansel arrive in Milnerton, Cape town in 1992 on that years Dakar and winning it on his 750 Tenere, was the start of my dakar dream. Im going to hopefully realise that dream in 2012. My preperations have started, and your rally kit is awesome, I want it! I have not found a cost effective kit that looks so good! Ive seem a few bikes on this years dakar with the same kit on:) awesome