HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wr-razz

03 wr450f flooding when i fell off

7 posts in this topic

hello all , have been out playing on my wr today , but have noticed that when i fall off that altho she keeps running , she floods from the float bowl pipe , i`m sure she didn`t do that before . i`ve been told that there is a carb kit to prevent this ????? and ideas please , i`ve taken the carb off and all looks clean and well . thanks

it stops when i put the bike back upright , so thats ok then , phew , plus i`ve found the hot start cable had snapped ( used it today) and found the plunger had seized in the fully open position , maybe this would make it backfire ???? which its done since the last time i used the hot start , but hadn`t twigged . am trying to find a part number for the cable , anyone now it please , this bike is perfect for me n the uk`s super dry n rockhard greenish lanes :busted:

it stops when i put the bike back upright , so thats ok then , phew , plus i`ve found the hot start cable had snapped ( used it today) and found the plunger had seized in the fully open position , maybe this would make it backfire ???? which its done since the last time i used the hot start , but hadn`t twigged . am trying to find a part number for the cable , anyone now it please , this bike is perfect for me n the uk`s super dry n rockhard greenish lanes :busted:

Sounds like the hot start plunger has seized into the carb. This happens. Sounds like it might be time to take the carb off and give it a good cleaning and inspection.

yep , the hot start plunger was well stuck in the fully up position , just locating a cable , some new tyres going on tomorrow too :busted: