what do i need to buy to get my wr426f street legal?

want to do this in the cheapest way posible. i live in ohio and dont know what there rules are. do you have to have a high low beam switch? can you use the stock head light and tail light. i think i would need turn signals, horn,speedo, plate mount........anything else? can you convert the stock head light to high low beam? do you guys think the dmv might pass worn down dirt tires?

you do not need a hi beam in ohio......

this is what is required....

Headlight, tail light/brake light, turn signals, horn, 1 mirror left side and that is it... you don't need to have a speedometer... but its nice to know how fast you go...

i actually have that DRC ez kit......i think its a good deal because it comes with all the switches and stuff you need

to get your license plate, all you have to do is take your offroad title to the title place (not the BMV).... tell them you want to do a change of body affidavit, You sign it... they take your offroad title and give you a MC title... take your MC title to the BMV and buy a license plate.

I've done it twice now...

i usually ride wayne national forest or perry state forest.....but that is because they are the closest places to my house.... (i live in Delaware)

I am open to riding other areas.... I've always wanted to check out wellsville...

I recently went to KY and road at Big Rock Offroad park.. it was pretty cool...

I still want to check out the hanging rock section of Wayne... i've never been there yet...

Always looking for people to ride with... what part of ohio are you in?

Also... I like to do dualsport events when I get the chance... I am going to do the baby burr here in october

No, i just use dirt knobbies.... I don't think DOT tires are required in ohio either...... also.. there is no inspection... you just fill out the change of body affidavit and lie if you don't have the stuff on your bike.

and yes... delaware is like 10 miles north of columbus

not sure about your clutch.... my bike is brand new so I haven't had to mess with my clutch yet

Also.. let me know if you want to go riding!

where did you change your title in ohio? so i can walk in and not even have to take my bike to change the title? what comes in that drz kit? i already bought a ingnition key? my clutch works fine but its seems a little hard to push when its in gear with the engine off and i pull the clutch in.

could be a cable problem on your clutch.... as for the title thing... the way I did it, is how you are supposed to do it.... there is no such thing as getting your bike inspected.... you only do that if you stole your bike and it has no title...... If the stupid lady behind the counter tells you that you need your bike inspected. smack her in the face and call her stupid. Then tell her to go find someone who knows where the "Change of body affidavit" is located and go get it so you can sign it.

you should be able to go to any title agency.....

here is a complete list of title offices and bmv's

http://www.bmv.ohio.gov/county/cnty_lst.htm

I went to this one:

http://maps.yahoo.com/map?q1=8647%2BColumbus%2BPike%20Lewis%20Center%2C%20OH%2043035%20us&mag=5&lat=&lon=&ard=1#mvt=m&lat=40.164952&lon=-83.019686&mag=5&zoom=14&q1=8647%20Columbus%20Pike%20Lewis%20Center%2C%20OH%2043035%20us&gid1=27862026

wiil it be a problem that the guy that had it before me didnt switch the title over to his name? i think the title is in the original owners name still. i had the guy give me a bill of sale as well. as for my clutch it may be all right but ill try adjusting it some more. did you put a key on your bike? i bought a electro sport ignition key but am confused how to install it? what does that drz kit come with a horn, brake light switch.......? did you also buy a mount and turn signals after that?

its not the DRZ kit.. its DRC ... heheh

http://www.drcproducts.com/elect/d45-70-05/index.html

it comes with a horn, handle bar controls, wiring harness, two brake switches... (i only use one and just have mine set to the back brake), flasher thingy and a battery box.

The system is setup to just run all your LED's off of 8 AA batteries... i won't use the battery box... i am going to hook mine to my battery.

you should be fine with the title as long as you can get the title notoriazed and the place to put your name hasn't been filled in yet..

So the first thing to do is get the offroad title put in your name...... you should be able to do the change of body affidavit too.....

or you can come back the next day if it makes you feel more comfortable....

its not the DRZ kit.. its DRC ... heheh

http://www.drcproducts.com/elect/d45-70-05/index.html

it comes with a horn, handle bar controls, wiring harness, two brake switches... (i only use one and just have mine set to the back brake), flasher thingy and a battery box.

The system is setup to just run all your LED's off of 8 AA batteries... i won't use the battery box... i am going to hook mine to my battery.

you should be fine with the title as long as you can get the title notoriazed and the place to put your name hasn't been filled in yet..

So the first thing to do is get the offroad title put in your name...... you should be able to do the change of body affidavit too.....

or you can come back the next day if it makes you feel more comfortable....

wow this is much easier than i thought then.....looks like my bike will be streetable much sooner than i thought seeing as i dont have to worry about getting supermoto tires n rims before i can ride it on the road....thats the only thing holdin me back:banghead: