HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yz007f

MXA crew rides Stewart's "09" Race bike!

6 posts in this topic

"Stewart says he runs a low rear brake pedal because he doesn't use the brakes. If you can't see by watching him race around the track, then perhaps this fun fact will enlighten you to the idea that James Stewart doesn't use his brakes: He used the same set of front and rear brake pads for the entire Supercross series."

:busted::eek:

After reading that article I have to laugh a little. First let me say I have always liked MXA and I love my '09 YZ450 so this is strictly a comment about how articles can be a little misleading, even if they didn't intend for it to be.

The article states the list of WORKS parts is minimal and then goes on to say that Yamaha thinks their bikes are race ready in stock form. Both statements are probably true but it kinda implies that Stewart's bike is mostly stock. We all know that no factory bike is mostly stock and by reading the rest of the article this is clearly true. I realize some of the items come down to preference and not because theh part wasn't "race worthy" (such as the foot pegs and the modified subframe). I would assume (and admit I may be wrong) that you could count the major list of unmodified stock parts on your fingers....

Frame, swingarm, rims (and maybe hubs), cylinder (I suspect the head is a GYTR unit which is not stock), and brake calipers.

For the record, I am a Reed fan but do rightly acknowledge James is the fastest rider in the world. I was/is an RC fan but I think if he didn't retire, James would still be faster today. With that said, if James doesn't use his brakes and only goes through one set of pads a year-why does he need an oversized rotor:confused: Did I misread that part?

With that said, if James doesn't use his brakes and only goes through one set of pads a year-why does he need an oversized rotor:confused: Did I misread that part?

I know. After reading that I went to his website and on pretty much every corner picture he has his finger on the brake as well as a couple of fingers on the clutch:excuseme: