pilot jet and air jet

In the manual it says that you should not change the pilot jet without changing the air jet. If I only change the pilot will this affect anything? Has anyone followed this advise?

Thanks

Nick

I changed to a 48 pilot an the fuel screw to 2 1/4 turns.

Runs great and only pops 1 or 2 times per ride.

This answer your question?

------------------

--

**Ride it like you Stole it!**

Matt Porritt

99 YZ400F

Rubber Chicken Racing

No, in the manual it shows the pilot jet and above that there is a an air jet. Later it states that if you change the pilot jet you should change the air jet at the same time. I know what you mean about the pilot screw/air screw, but it says the AIR JET.

Nick

No, in the manual it shows the pilot jet and above that there is a an air jet. Later it states that if you change the pilot jet you should change the air jet at the same time. I know what you mean about the pilot screw/air screw, but it says the AIR JET

Never knew it existed... never heard of it..

No need to play as everyone I know has always gone to 48 pilot and 2 1/4 on fuel screw.

If it ain't broke.........

------------------

--

**Ride it like you Stole it!**

Matt Porritt

99 YZ400F

Rubber Chicken Racing

Last night, I took the recomendations of the list and put the 48 pilot jet in, I also put in the 165 main, and turned the pilot screw out to 2 turns out. When you guys did this, did you also change the needle height? Just wondering.

Thanks

Tim

Tim, I made the changes you mentioned, 165 main, 48 pilot and 2 turns out and I didn't change anything else. Mine runs great.