Yz400/426

Can anyone tell me if a YZ426 Transmission will fit a YZ400 ? I'm talking straight swap shafts and all. I think it will just wanted some input before I buy.

Cheers

Marty

Can anyone tell me if a YZ426 Transmission will fit a YZ400 ? I'm talking straight swap shafts and all. I think it will just wanted some input before I buy.

Cheers

Marty

you can check it against a parts fiche,if the no.s are the same bingo...i have a complete YZ tranny just removed from my 02 that i had since new. i would make you a great deal :busted: PM me if interested.parts in great shape.EDIT i checked some of the part no.s are the same,some not so i guess maybe if all later parts are used it would work but that is a BIG guess .you would need an experts opinion

I can tell you right now the numbers aren't the same, because the low gear ratios are different. That means that the main shaft part number will be different. But is that the only difference in the main shaft? Will the YZ400 clutch fit on it? Etc.

I'm not sure, BTW. I think it will fit, but I don't know.

I put a WR400 trans into my 2002 YZ426. I used the YZ drum and forks, with WR shafts and gears. It works fine (so far), I just need to make sure and give it a positive boot between 2nd and 3rd, But that's with any bike, I think.

Clutch bolted right onto the WR shaft, everything else fit perfectly as well. I would think that the reverse should work as well, since it appears that the cases match (in that area, at least).