HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MorrisWR

How is the Magura Hydraulic Clutch?

3 posts in this topic

Okay, I searched the archives and didn't see a lot on Maguras. I've run Magura brakes on my mountain bikes since the 90's and they are great.

Anyone running these on their WR or YZ? What are your comments. I read the installation PDF file on Magura's site and it looks pretty easy to install. They're under $200 so not bad on price either.

The ones I've found on the net are listed as YZ426 but I assume they'll fit the WR's since their shouldn't be a difference between the clutch cable and connector on the YZ and WR. Am I correct on this?

I think I'm about ready to just get a set and try it out. I'm used to my XR400 clutch which is easy to use compared to the WR426.

I was looking at them but stopped because they do not have an electric switch for the starter interlock.

I assume you have a 450 since you're talking about electric start? My 426 is kick only so I don't have to worry about that part. Thanks.

Well, I ordered a set for $180 so I'll see how they are.