2010 YZ450 test/ Cycle News

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what they say, you can always ride a fast bike slow, but you can never ride a slow bike fast.

Sounds pretty good to me.

Quote:

"However, the bike does take a little getting used to, mainly because it's so much more responsive and agile than any other 450 we've ever ridden."

This sounds like the kind of problem you dream of having.

O man... I am thinking of gettin a 450... I was riding my friends 2004 YZ450F... is it really true these things had more "power" and "grunt" than any of the 450's that have been made...?

cuz i was racing him and had no problem wheelying 4th gear and taking off.... didn't set her down til i thought i was going to run into the side of his truck :busted:

and if this 2010 is easier to ride, i may have to get it....

im a kawi man.. but sheesh... this thing, i might have to take the exhaust to bed with me ... haha

You know what they say, you can always ride a fast bike slow, but you can never ride a slow bike fast.

Sounds pretty good to me.

Quote:

"However, the bike does take a little getting used to, mainly because it's so much more responsive and agile than any other 450 we've ever ridden."

This sounds like the kind of problem you dream of having.

agreed .. sounds awesome :busted:

That jump in power is the reason big bore two strokes are so hard to ride on tracks. There's definately such thing as too much power for certain kinds of riding. Of course out in the open and in sand those bikes are great but that's about it. back in the day I raced a 94 KX500. I still have nightmares about that....

I know this will offend someone but if those bikes were so great Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki, and Kawasaki would still make them.

back in the day I raced a 94 KX500. I still have nightmares about that....

QUOTE]

And i'm man enough to say in the late 80's when i rode a mates late 80's KX500,i could only manage 2 laps.

At 150lbs and 5ft6...it was too brutal for me to hang on BUT it was a ride i will never forget :busted:

My wr450f is a ***** compared to that KX500...no.... i will rephrase that

It doesn't compare!

I have a ton of respect for the riders of that era of monster 2 strokes :banana:

My first race was in 1988 at high point raceway at the nationals. I raced a 1988 CR500 in the "C" class and OMG that bike was way too big for the little guy I was then. Those 500's are for real men with talent. I have a pic somewhere, You guys would laugh because the bike was so big compared to me.

Back in 94 I was talked into racing a hare scramble in Louisiana with some friends that I rode MX with. I was riding a new 95 YZ125 then and I loved that thing! The night before the race (Sat nite) I broke the throttle cable. Nobody one and the race was at 0800 the next day so I took my 94 CR500 to the race...big mistake. I stalled that thing so many times in the tight woods I got pissed and ran the thing off into a gully and walked out of the woods. It is probably still out there...