2003 Wr450f Flywheel won't come off with tool

My flywheel threads are junk so I can't get the rotor removal tool threaded on to remove the flywheel the proper way. The flywheel is junk so ruining it isn't a problem. I was going to try a 3 arm puller, but I'm not sure the arms have enough to grab onto and hold. Anybody have other ideas?

Maybe you can retread it to the next size

My flywheel threads are junk so I can't get the rotor removal tool threaded on to remove the flywheel the proper way. The flywheel is junk so ruining it isn't a problem. I was going to try a 3 arm puller, but I'm not sure the arms have enough to grab onto and hold. Anybody have other ideas?

The 3 arm puller wont work...

If you have a welder, throw a few tac welds on the tool and fly wheel :busted:

Drill and tap two or three holes in the flywheel and use a bolt grip puller like you would use on a steering wheel or a harmonic balancer???

I got a 4" puller today. I put it on, heated the flywheel a bit, got a hammer and tapped and tightened, tapped and tightened, etc, etc. Came off without a pop or much resistance. Didn't have to hit it very hard at all. Just firm taps. Thanks for all of the replies.

Now I need to get out all of the copper and plastic bits out of the bottom of the crankcase. How dangerous is it to have a few of those bits in there?