HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dadspants

06 WR450 stock exhaust question

3 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I was hoping someone could advise me! I have a wr450 06 with standard 06 exhaust but someone previously has removed the end pipe pee shooter thing and spark arrestor. The bike has loads of power and runs fine, unfortuneatly it’s a little loud for me and I am looking to re-install the baffle/end pipe. No i am not getting old ! LOL

This is how it looks with only the silver end cap removed. http://cid-f3764d65c9e0e211.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/Image162.jpg

My friend has made me a new end pipe/baffle 38mm Pee shooter PBM style :busted: The same as item No 10 in this picture. http://cid-f3764d65c9e0e211.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/5242^_exhaust.jpg

He is good and I will also add a home made spark arrestor !!!

My question is do I pack with exhaust wadding the chamber around the spark arrestor, or leave it empty – was it packed when it was new ?

Many thanks and great forum.

There is no packing in the pipe around the sparky. There is packing behind mesh around the perimeter of the can inside but it's not accessible without pulling the canister apart so it's probably stillin there. In other words, just put on a sparky and tip.

Thanks for making/keeping your bike nice and quiet(er).

Loud pipes close trails (and really don't go any faster...)

Many thanks for the info. I also agree with keeping the noise down, here in the UK it causes problems.

Once again thanks for the reply.