'08 WR450, like new - $4800 ... good deal?

I'm seriously considering picking up a BARELY used '08 WR450 that still has the throttle stop on the carb and maybe... maybe 2 hours of riding. Probably more like an hour or less actually in motion. It looks like it's still in the showroom, no boot marks on the frame/covers, titties still on the tires, airbox is clean as a whistle. They are asking $4800... sound like a good deal? Book value is about $4600 but doesn't factor in the NEW condition. I'd like to talk 'em down to $4500 or less, but not sure they'll go for it. Opinions please... Thanks!!!

I dont know. I paid $5400 otd for my 08 back in 6/08. Even though it is like new it's still used and I would think the price should be lower. Myself, I would rather buy a new bike than take a chance on a used one. But if there are no new wr's available in your area, or available for a reasonable price, and your set on a wr I would go for it. Offer $4200 and work from there. Good luck.

Thanks, there are only about 4 WR450's within a 5 state area and they are all '09's for $6000+ I prefer new also, but this bike is flawless and several $ less than a new 09.

I was thinking of starting my offer at $4200 also and going to maybe $4500 if necessary. They've had the bike for at least two months (it's at a Honda dealership) and I know they don't like used Yammy's sitting around too long. Hopefully they'll go for b/w $4200-$4500.

Any other opinions?

i know i lookd a long time before i found mine too. Just bought an 06 out of norman last month and have been very impressed with it. I would rather have had an alum frame too, but this one was very nice. I think you are right on price wise and like you said, they probably want that bike gone...

go get it....

Just picked up a super mint cond 07 that had less than 500 miles on it for $4200. It also had all the free mod work done as well as the AIS kit and bark busters and Unibiker rad guards. Had it have been all stock I would have not paid over $4000 for it but... With what you're describing I would say $4800 is not too bad but probably a little high. You should be able to talk him down to $4500, pending how long it's been for sale...

I would go in there and offer $4000 and not go over $4500 OTD. The sales manager doesnt want that Yamaha in there too long, especially since its in on trade. I thought you were buying it off a person. Dont forget you have to pay sales tax. They will try to add on document fees, title fees, ect. Tell them you'll go $4500 out the door, tax, title, everything included. If they wont go for it I would keep looking or else buy a new one.

I would go in there and offer $4000 and not go over $4500 OTD. The sales manager doesnt want that Yamaha in there too long, especially since its in on trade. I thought you were buying it off a person. Dont forget you have to pay sales tax. They will try to add on document fees, title fees, ect. Tell them you'll go $4500 out the door, tax, title, everything included. If they wont go for it I would keep looking or else buy a new one.

yeah.. do what ohioryder says... when dealing with cars and bikes I always say OTD price..... its amazing how many little fees they try to stick you with.

Picked it up yesterday. $4200 OTD. Still has the titties on the tires, even on the center knobbies! No mods yet, but I'm doing that asap. Thanks for the advice.

Congrads...thats a pretty sweet deal. Do all the free mods and get her dirty:ride:

I would also go thru and clean off what little factory grease is on the bearings and regrease them with a good grease. I have an 08 450 and didnt do this even though everyone says to do it and I had to replace the steering headset bearings before the first season was over. I think I only had about 20-30 hours on it.

Excellent price OTD and you didn't lose a lot of riding time thinking/dickering/researching. Sounds like you knew what you wanted, and got it! Congrats on not having any buyer's remorse on a great bike!

congrats..... bring that bike to texas and let's ride

Holly crap that was a score..... dang!!!