HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CRFracer23

Honda HP4 oil in 09 450?

4 posts in this topic

Just recently got an 09 yz450 after riding honda 's for 8 years. I always ran Honda HP4 oil in them. I picked up a few quarts of yamalube with the bike and am just about out of it. I have a few gallons of HP4 left, anybody have any experience with this oil in yamaha 's since the tranny and motor oil arnt seperate? Thanks! :busted:

Years ago I ran HP4 in my street bike. Just ensure that it doesn't have friction modifiers in it and it's the proper weight for your bike. Avoid any oil that has "Energy Conserving" marked on it, as it will make your clutch slip. I would think anything Honda makes for bikes will be fine, but you bring up a good point about them separating the oils in the motor now. Follow the above advice and you'll be good.