HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bakeyz426f

are the 2000 yz426f and 2002 yz426f parts all iterchangable?

4 posts in this topic

thinking i could buy another 426 and use mine as spare parts or swap the motor over. is the crank the same? i know the 2000 model had stainless valves.

are the valves for the yz426 and wr426 interchangable? i bought the 2000 yz426 stainless valves and im thinking about getting a wr426fn. may keep the valves if they would work in the wr426f. is the wr426fn the 2002 or 2001 model? the guy that has it wants 1900 for it. since i was going to buy a wr staor for the yz and dual sport it i figured why not just get the wr426f

99% of the parts are interchangeable. As I recall, the main differences are the stainless vs ti valves and the 2000 426 had a keyed counterbalancer shaft whereas the 2001 and 2002 had a splined cb shaft. Those are the two differences I'm aware of. There may be others.

01 and 02 are the wr426. Like Yz For Me said 99% of the parts are interchangeable, actually 100% but some parts may need others to go along with them more like a team of parts rather than individual. Same goes for YZ to WR interchangeability.