Stewart's 2010 450 up close

Not a crack. Look at the lower subframe mount. I bet Stewart wanted the subframe lower for better rider positioning so they cut it and rewelded it.

You'd be surprised how fast Pro Level guys tear up equipment. I've seen a few guys wear through graphics in a weekend racing super cross.

I'm sure he's been riding it for a while now. It has the akrapovic exhaust which Mathes from racer x said he saw when he toured akrapovic's manufacturing plant earlier in the year. That shock body is huge. I wonder what is attached to the resevoir?

Those pics could possibly be from Japan,the sign in the background looks funky.

Looks like they added more oil capacity to his shock,might be some heat issues.

I can see some creative NASCAR style ductwork showing up if there is a problem.

Weird that the resonator has a nut on the end of it..... wonder what its for? Too bad there are no detailed pics of the exhaust. Looks trick.. hopefully akrapovic found a way to have a silencer length like the 08 race bikes and not a long one like the 09's had. Other manufactures have been able (fmf, pc) to keep their sound down without having a really long silencer.

Also, from the pic I think yamaha should have a covering/replaceable plastic piece over the gas tank cause thats going to look pretty shitty in no time. Even if you buy new plastics, your bike will look old because of the tore up gas tank...

What do you think the "370" stands for etched into the cylinder...? Think he's riding a smaler bore like Cairoli does in the gp's...?

No. Look at your own cylinder and head, and you'll find numbers etched on them as well. Factory fit and match numbers.

Looks like they added more oil capacity to his shock,might be some heat issues.

I can see some creative NASCAR style ductwork showing up if there is a problem.

The shock add-on appears to be for additional nitrogen, not oil. If it were for oil, it would be at the other end of the shock, for one thing, unless there's a line on the other side of the unit that we can't see. The only connection it appears to have is via the bladder chamber cover, where the nitrogen goes. I'd guess it was an attempt to reduce the "gas spring" effect within the shock, same as with sub tanks on forks.

You guys who are all twisting your hankies over the heat issue are really kidding yourselves, IMO. There is far more air circulation around the '10 shock, and the pipe itself is farther away from the shock than it is on your own bike, where the mid pipe nearly touches the gas reservoir. The loop is mostly shielded, and is behind and away from the shock. Even at 5 MPH, the air flowing over the area will almost totally spoil radiant heat transfer to the shock.

... surely he would run factory rubber.
The Yamaha team has never run the "factory rubber" that I know of, and I have no idea why anyone would think they would (other than high sarcasm). They've run mostly Bridgestone tires in the past. You can be certain that you'll see a tire suited to the venue, wherever they happen to be.