HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OldFart

Flywheel Weights

6 posts in this topic

I checked out all the flywheel weights and settled on the Steahly 12 oz unit due to prior satisfaction with Steahly products.

It showed up today. It has TerryCable written all over it with a little gold Steahly sticker in one corner.

------------------

Mike Hetrick

'00 426

'99 Ducati Monster

'73 Kawasaki H1

Let me know what you think about these babies!!!

Is there any loss in RPMs, revs, horsepower , throttle response, etc??

Or is is it just plain heaven with less stalling?? :)

Please let me know,

thanks, look forward to hearing back from you ASAP!!

Later,

Fattybeast

1998 Yamaha YZ400F--the original!!

I mounted the weight on the flywheel with a minimum of fuss. Just take your time and it will be ok. The hardest part of the project was getting the flywheel nut torqued to spec.

I am VERY happy with the unit. Took a little bit of hit off of it, but it is real dry in Idaho right now so that is actually an advantage.

Idaho is a typical western state with plenty of big hills. The weight has made it a LOT easier for general trail stuff.

Two thumbs up.

------------------

Mike Hetrick

'00 426

'99 Ducati Monster

'73 Kawasaki H1

I would like to know mainly if it helped to have less stalling?

I seem to have troubles with that at times, so does ithelp to reduce this??

Thanks for your input do far!!

I am also curious about the stalling. But mainly I am conserned about reducing the throttle response. I am thinking about making my own weight (ring) and just having it welded on. As far as it looks the 10 oz'er looks like it is the weapon of choice by the guys from the list, is that correct?

Well, it HAS to reduce stalling....there is more crankshaft inertia. Matter of simple physics.

If you don't EVER want it to stall, throw about 20 pounds on there. You might be dissatisfied with the throttle response though.

It is always a matter of give and take. Only YOU can tell if the amount of throttle response traded for perceived torque is worth it.

For me it was.

------------------

Mike Hetrick

'00 426

'99 Ducati Monster

'73 Kawasaki H1