HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
panaman

how much oil 1.0 Liter or 1.2 Liter

17 posts in this topic

I don't even measure anymore.

I pour a quart. Run the motor for a couple of minutes. Check the stick. Then add if necessary.

but why does it say 1.2L total

if you do a rebuild and its dry, you would need 1.2 but since your only changing the oil and replacing the filter, you will not get all the oil out so you will only need to put 1.0 L in.

Do take this the wrong way but why over think it. It clearly says that if you change the oil and replace the filter you need to put 1.0L right?

So...only put 1.0L :busted:

I don't even measure anymore.

I pour a quart. Run the motor for a couple of minutes. Check the stick. Then add if necessary.

I don't even bother checking the stick. Give her a good draining and throw a litre in with a filter change and 950ml without.

Make sure you remove the dipstick when draining the oil tank :busted:

Make sure you remove the dipstick when draining the oil tank :busted:

Why? Just removing the oil fill plug is enough to get the drains flowing good. I'll try it on the next oil change though.

1 person likes this

Why? Just removing the oil fill plug is enough to get the drains flowing good. I'll try it on the next oil change though.

I find it releases the vacuum on the oil tank alot better than the oil fill plug.

I'm sure the fill plug is fine as long as you get one or the other to release the vacuum.

Make sure you remove the dipstick when draining the oil tank :thumbsup:
I find it releases the vacuum on the oil tank alot better than the oil fill plug.

Ditto :busted:

Well I do things a little different then it sounds.... When I change my oil and filter I do put back in 1.2L and it ends up perfect. However before I change the oil I run the bike for 5minutes or so, then shut it down for 15 or so to let the oil settle back down. I then pull the fill plug and dip stick, after which I pull the right side drain plug and drain as much as possible, occasionally leaning the bike back and forth. Then I pull the oil filter and extract the remaining oil from that area before installing the new filter. Then, I pull the left side drain bolt and let it drain until there's no more than a few drips coming out. From that point I lean the bike back and forth to get the remaining oil out. That may seem excessive I suppose but I want the bad crap out, so from that point it does take more than 1L.....

Well I do things a little different then it sounds.... When I change my oil and filter I do put back in 1.2L and it ends up perfect. However before I change the oil I run the bike for 5minutes or so, then shut it down for 15 or so to let the oil settle back down. I then pull the fill plug and dip stick, after which I pull the right side drain plug and drain as much as possible, occasionally leaning the bike back and forth. Then I pull the oil filter and extract the remaining oil from that area before installing the new filter. Then, I pull the left side drain bolt and let it drain until there's no more than a few drips coming out. From that point I lean the bike back and forth to get the remaining oil out. That may seem excessive I suppose but I want the bad crap out, so from that point it does take more than 1L.....

I do the same process but only refill 1L. No matter how much you tilt and let it drain there will be oil left in there ( around 0.2L ) Ever done a complete drain and then pull the cases ? There's oil left in there.

So you are overfilling and are likely to see some oil in your airbox sooner or later.

That may seem excessive I suppose but I want the bad crap out, so from that point it does take more than 1L.....

Ignorance is bliss I suppose :busted: