HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
caseyinnv

400f water loss

3 posts in this topic

I have a 99 400f that is losing water out of the overflow tube. Eveything is fine at idle, only shoots out at higher RPM. I have replaced rad cap, and checked for flow between rads. Seals and impleler are also new. Love bike, but can't keep coolant in it! GreyRacer please help

I had same prob on my 400 bike ran awesome but would lose coolant. You most likely have a bad head gasket just like i did.

I had same prob on my 400 bike ran awesome but would lose coolant. You most likely have a bad head gasket just like i did.

pop the radiator cap with the bike running (when it is cool and not hot so you don't get a boiling shower) with the rads topped off, rev the bike up a bit..

If you are getting bubbles (like when my 3 yr old blows into her straw in a milk shak or milk) in the radiator you have a bad head gasket....:busted: