Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris_in_the_Mojave

Suspension settings

3 posts in this topic

Paul check with Clarke Mason over on the WR side of the house. I think he did a lowering job on his bike. If anybody knows, Clarke knows! :D

Let us on the YZ side know what you find out! :)

------------------

Chris in the Mojave

'98 YZ400F

I need some advise on suspension settings. I am an intermediate level rider around 5'10" tall, weight 165lbs. I have a small inseam around 29". I would like to lower the seat height of my YZ400. Does anyone have some tips on how far I can slide the fork tubes up the clamps and how to set the rear shock sag , etc. How does adjusting the suspension to lower the seat height affect handling? I have noticed the some guys switch to an 18" rear wheel , what are the reasons for this mod. Thanks in advance for your help...

Paul in AZ

Originally posted by wilson:

I need some advise on suspension settings. I am an intermediate level rider around 5'10" tall, weight 165lbs. I have a small inseam around 29". I would like to lower the seat height of my YZ400. Does anyone have some tips on how far I can slide the fork tubes up the clamps and how to set the rear shock sag , etc. How does adjusting the suspension to lower the seat height affect handling? I have noticed the some guys switch to an 18" rear wheel , what are the reasons for this mod. Thanks in advance for your help...

Paul in AZ

Someone makes a 10mm lower subframe and yu can also whittle down the seat foam of get low foam.

The reason for a swap to 18" rear is there is more selection of tyres in 18", the tyres are also cheaper and more resistant to punctures. (I have yet to have a flat on a 19" though)

------------------

--

**Ride it like you Stole it!**

Matt Porritt

99 YZ400F

Rubber Chicken Racing