Suspension settings

Paul check with Clarke Mason over on the WR side of the house. I think he did a lowering job on his bike. If anybody knows, Clarke knows! :D

Let us on the YZ side know what you find out! :)

------------------

Chris in the Mojave

'98 YZ400F

I need some advise on suspension settings. I am an intermediate level rider around 5'10" tall, weight 165lbs. I have a small inseam around 29". I would like to lower the seat height of my YZ400. Does anyone have some tips on how far I can slide the fork tubes up the clamps and how to set the rear shock sag, etc. How does adjusting the suspension to lower the seat height affect handling? I have noticed the some guys switch to an 18" rear wheel, what are the reasons for this mod. Thanks in advance for your help...

Paul in AZ

Originally posted by wilson:

I need some advise on suspension settings. I am an intermediate level rider around 5'10" tall, weight 165lbs. I have a small inseam around 29". I would like to lower the seat height of my YZ400. Does anyone have some tips on how far I can slide the fork tubes up the clamps and how to set the rear shock sag, etc. How does adjusting the suspension to lower the seat height affect handling? I have noticed the some guys switch to an 18" rear wheel, what are the reasons for this mod. Thanks in advance for your help...

Paul in AZ

Someone makes a 10mm lower subframe and yu can also whittle down the seat foam of get low foam.

The reason for a swap to 18" rear is there is more selection of tyres in 18", the tyres are also cheaper and more resistant to punctures. (I have yet to have a flat on a 19" though)

------------------

--

**Ride it like you Stole it!**

Matt Porritt

99 YZ400F

Rubber Chicken Racing