Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bill

Before you buy another hydration system.....

7 posts in this topic

I have just visited:

Acerbis

Moose

MSR

Thor

O'Neal

and all of these systems appear to be like the Camelbak system. I would guess that they are manufactured by Camelbak.

I don't see where there is enough market demand for the above to make these "in house". I would guess Camelbak is the sub-contractor.

Before we give ours back to Camelbak and further support Camelbak by buying one of the above. Maybe we need to consider this.

The only one I've found so far, that does not appear to be made by Camelbak id the Vital system sold by Summers Racing.

I WILL return mine to Camelbak, but want to make sure I don't give them any more of my money.

Any thoughts guys?

Bill

------------------

97 KDX220, 86 TTR225, 99 WR400f, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. De-octopussed. Works frame guards and Thumper Rad Guards , Scotts steering damper. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank, IMS seat and number plate. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA, Happy Ramblers MXC.

I have a hydration pack that is very similar to the Camelback Mule, the largest pack they make (or made when I bought it two years ago), I forget the brand name, but I will check when I get home. It's a very well made pack and it was 1/2 the price of the comparable Camelback product.

-Brett

How about the Sumemrs Racing Vital system, thats what I own and Summers racing contrubutes money to foundations that support us riders.

Later Im goin ridin, woo hoo

Marty

Try www.nohvcc.org for offroader friendly drinking systems. Click on Products in the left margin

George

[This message has been edited by GRC (edited 03-31-2001).]

I had no time to buy another system for this weekend. So, I'm putting tape over the camelback labels until I do. If anyone asks what system I have, I'll tell them anything but the truth. I feel terrible.

------------------

It's your world, I just play in it!

'00WR, WB E-Series S-Bend w/7 discs, Stock header, throttle stop trimmed, airbox cover removed. Stock jetting. 4500ft.

GRC,

Just went over to nohvcc and checked out the pack. Looked pretty good, I liked the idea that it would strap to my chest protector and had the quick change ability.

I also asked for more information about NOHVCC. It's time to box or throw rocks!

Thanks for the info.

Bill