Please help with 06 YZ Fork Seals!!

What (if anything) do you guys use to help slide new seals over the fork tube without damaging it?

Nothing....gently push the seal to one side and work on at an angle, then the other side and back and forth....I do at least 1 set of forks a week and never cut a lip....now that I said that I will, but up to this point I have never damaged a seal....And that little plastic tool has enough of a edge and is hard enough to do damage to the seal....I have seen that..."but I used this seal installer so I wouldn't cut the seal"...:busted:

fork%20seal_18.jpg

Bingo, and Holy Crap that is one awesome mechanic.

Fork Seal changes have never been Sexy till now.

The edge on that plastic is enough to damage the seal if not careful so that tool is only good if you know what you are doing and are paing attention...I have seen this tool wreck a seal....

Nothing....gently push the seal to one side and work on at an angle, then the other side and back and forth....I do at least 1 set of forks a week and never cut a lip....now that I said that I will, but up to this point I have never damaged a seal....And that little plastic tool has enough of a edge and is hard enough to do damage to the seal....I have seen that..."but I used this seal installer so I wouldn't cut the seal"...:busted:

Don't forget to grease it before you slide it on ?

Here's my issue. I am continually having Fork Seal Leaks. I have checked my tubes, seal lips, replaced seals. What I am wondering is if I have missed how Fork Seals should be put on, direction wise. Can you please direct me?

IMG_0452.jpg

My big question is in relation to the spacer/oil seal here:

My question being is this correct if my towel is the bottom of the fork?

IMG_0451.jpg

Thanks

Last time I did my own forks I had that middle part upside down and it leaked. I checked the other side and I had that one installed correctly??? Brain fart I guess?

http://easterndirt.com/one_page/seal/images/fork%20seal_18.jpg

the seal direction should be as shownd in the picture, as for inserting the seal in the tube I use the plastic bag just like Gray sezz. I grease the seal and remove the spring to loose the seal's lip a bit.

check for scraches on the inner tube, they can cause the leakage and should be removed, and if so check if the scraches are on the dustcover travel or from "above" the seal, from the metal sliders/bushings. also check if the sliders/bushings dont have tinny litle metal shavings on they're sliding face