does a bike sitting in a show room for 3 years cause any probolems?

i thinkin if i wait till winter he will come down to mabye 3800 or so. i put my broken down 426 for sale for 1100 and it comes with mew valves and springs i bought. do guys think i can sell it for that. all it really needs is a head?

Why don't you get a used head for it and get it running?

Everyone is right, 06 for 4300 is to much. 08's are going for 3.5 to 4.5. I think you got a good price for 1100 for the 426.

If the bike has truely been sitting and doesn't have any gas or motor oil it will be fine. If it has had gas in it, then look at cleaning the carb and changing the oil right away. Your going to want to regrease all your bearings, the Jap's believe in less grease. :busted: I use Marina grease.

The 450 will be a huge upgrade from your 426 tank. :thumbsup:

well i was planning on rebuilding it but it will cost 1500 minimum to do so. if i can get an o6 brand new for 3500 that sounds good to me. ive always dreamed of getting a bike no one else has ridden. if i get a grand for my 426 and use the money i had planned for rebuild im getting close to paying for the new one. just sounds like the smarter way to go to me. if i cant get at least a grand for the 426 it stays with me forever. what do you think i should offer the dealer for the new 06 yz450f? blue book says its worth 3700 in my area

well i was planning on rebuilding it but it will cost 1500 minimum to do so. if i can get an o6 brand new for 3500 that sounds good to me. ive always dreamed of getting a bike no one else has ridden. if i get a grand for my 426 and use the money i had planned for rebuild im getting close to paying for the new one. just sounds like the smarter way to go to me. if i cant get at least a grand for the 426 it stays with me forever. what do you think i should offer the dealer for the new 06 yz450f? blue book says its worth 3700 in my area

you can pick up 09's on ebay for $4500.

It will be a bit better than high blue book as it has never been owned before.

I would offer the dealer a reasonable price or just find a good used one.

I saw 2 07's for around 3K.

are wr450f's engines any more reliable than a yz? do they need rebuilt less?

Basically the same motor, with a different gears in the tranny ,milder cams,ignition mapping and all that AIS and other stuff that makes them a mild mannered machine in stock form.

If you were to do all the free mods to a WR you almost have a YZ with lights,speedo and a kickstand.

Simply put, no.
there is a used 2007 yz450f in my area for 2750 obo. could anything be ready to be replaced on a bike two years old. that price sounds good i think?

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/mcy/1351737433.html

It depends. If it was ridden once or twice a month by a mellow trail rider its probably fine. If it was ridden 1 or 2 hours a day 5 days a week by an advanced rider for the last 2 years its probably overdue for some serious motor work...assuming the motor is stock and untouched.

there is a used 2007 yz450f in my area for 2750 obo. could anything be ready to be replaced on a bike two years old. that price sounds good i think?

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/mcy/1351737433.html

Kick the tires and take her for a spin. looks like a nice bike.

Ask tons of questions look it over very carefully.

Then make him an offer, might be able to pick that up for less.

somebody offered me 800 for my 426. should i not sell for that? i dont think i will

somebody offered me 800 for my 426. should i not sell for that? i dont think i will

Is that the only offer you have had?

And it sounded like it needed some work to be a running machine.

I would look at what it would cost to fix it and what you could sell it for after that versus taking the $800 for it.

And odds are the $800 will not look so bad.

Or you could tell the guy you can part it out on ebay for the $1000 you are asking.

I know of an 06 LE with only 7 hours and a bunch of extras (E2 pipe, bunch of gear, knee brace, stand, etc) for $4500 in Cali.

I wouldn't pay $800 for a 426 that needed a head, I've got one in excellent shape that I couldn't sell for $1400. Take the $800 and get out of it before it is worth nothing.

im seeing if he will go 900. the person who wants it owns a bussiness that parts out bikes on their site. if i get my 426 sold im im my way to the yz450f at my dealer most likely. he wanted 4300 but i think he will come down some

Yeah i do think that i personally would sell the 426 for that amount, esp if running ones can be had for $1500 give or take. Sounds like your leaning to the new machine and i can't imagine any problems it would have besides whats been mentioned. If it's new, it should be fine.

i priced out everything needed for a complete rebuild included a new crank, but mine seems good except for slight wear on teeth, at thumpertalk. $2200.

should i just sell it and get a new bike. whatever bike i put money into im plannig on keeping for long time.

Yes new bike, or just a newer bike. You'l be happy imo