HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sirmish

2009 YZ450F wheel compatability

4 posts in this topic

I've seen adds posted that say earlier years will fit and some that say only up to 08 will be compatable with the earlier years. I know they changed the swingarm and the axle as well so i thought the hubs on the 09 were different from the 08's.

Looking to get this straight because i'm looking for a spare rear wheel to put a sand setup on.

most likely sellers are stopping @ 08 cause it's difficult to find a OEM parts finder that goes past 08 (IE: TT Store oem parts lookup), call or stop by a dealer to be sure.

dealers in my area are not knowledgeable. no help from the main parts guy gives me no confidence =( if anyone else knows for sure please let me know! if not i'll keep researching elsewhere.

I've seen adds posted that say earlier years will fit and some that say only up to 08 will be compatable with the earlier years. I know they changed the swingarm and the axle as well so i thought the hubs on the 09 were different from the 08's

this should answer your questions

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=632582