Rekluse Z-Start Clutch on a '05 yz450...

Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone has tried a Rekluse on a YZ 450, I just rode a WR with it on and it seemed to rob the bike of power...now I know they're not the same as a yz but man u had to really twist to get anything from it.

My questions is would the same thing happen if i put it on my yz...I ride XC and feel you need the clutch action on some stuff...hills, crossing logs, deep ruts. I just could not get used to it...who has tried them and what are your thoughts.

Any feed back would be great.

I noticed no difference in power on my bike, if anything it is maybe a little better at low RPMs. It does add about six ounces of weight to the rotating mass, so it is like a heavier flywheel. Whether that makes a difference would depend on the engine and the original weight of the flywheel - I would imagine the lighter the original flywheel the more difference it would make.

There is no parasitic loss - once engaged there should be no difference between the Rekluse and the standard clutch. The only difference is at lower RPMs where the clutch may slip to keep the engine from stalling. Mine is setup to engage just above my idle speed which I had already set down as far as possible.

Other than that: https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8589210&postcount=6

I have one on my KTM450EXC and love it for offroad. My son has the pro model on his 09 YZ450 (for mx) and loves it. I have the pro model coming in next week for my 08 YZ450 (for mx).

The Rekluse doesn't rob any power. The WR's that I have tried are a lot softer than the YZ's.

I think its the best mod you can buy.

i have one on an 02 yz426 and i hate it. the bike feels gutless and like you said you loose the clutch for the technical stuff, i also have a 92 yes a 1992 rm 250 that stands right next to it on the street the 426 doesnt even have top speed on it. would not reccomenit what so ever, it will turn your fire breathing dragon into a ***** cat!!!!!!!!! :busted:

i have one on an 02 yz426 and i hate it. the bike feels gutless and like you said you loose the clutch for the technical stuff, i also have a 92 yes a 1992 rm 250 that stands right next to it on the street the 426 doesnt even have top speed on it. would not reccomenit what so ever, it will turn your fire breathing dragon into a ***** cat!!!!!!!!! :busted:

You're wrong if you're blaming that on the Rekluse. The newer Pro model retains the use of the clutch lever, but you don't need it for the "technical stuff". A properly set up Rekluse will deal with that on it's own.

I have a 05 in my garage with a reckluse. No difference in power whatsoever. It is my least favorite motor of all the YZ450's but the thing is a beast out of the hole with the reckluse. It just goes, never stalls either. I still prefer a manual clutch but that is my personal preference the reckluse works as advertised. The only downside is you can't bump start with the auto clutch.

i have one on an 02 yz426 and i hate it. the bike feels gutless and like you said you loose the clutch for the technical stuff, i also have a 92 yes a 1992 rm 250 that stands right next to it on the street the 426 doesnt even have top speed on it. would not reccomenit what so ever, it will turn your fire breathing dragon into a ***** cat!!!!!!!!!

?

A properly installed Rekluse clutch would cause NONE of these issues. I would fix what ails the bike rather than blame it on the clutch. :busted:

yep, have one .. the pro, on my 07 450, no power loss here. best money spent on the bike in the last 3 years i have owned it. also have the GYTR heavy flywheel weight installed and it's awesome for popping over logs, pulling long very very rocky hill climbs. kicking my self for not installing it sooner.