HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tribalbc

flywheel puller

11 posts in this topic

I'm looking for a source for a flywheel puller for an 07 WR450.

I'm replacing the cam chain here in a little while so I need to get one.

I can't seem to find one anywhere :busted:

I got one for an 07' I believe it's a motion pro , my parts guy ordered up for me a couple years ago. I think it's the same one GSXR's use... 33mm I think.

Let me know if you need any details I can provide by looking at the tool. I don't have the original package.

Besides, thats a holder, not a puller...

I got one for an 07' I believe it's a motion pro , my parts guy ordered up for me a couple years ago. I think it's the same one GSXR's use... 33mm I think.

Let me know if you need any details I can provide by looking at the tool. I don't have the original package.

Besides, thats a holder, not a puller...

Thanks Don.

Found it here, it is a 33mm.

http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/search/by_motorcycle/flywheel_pullers/2007/Yamaha/WR_450F/all/

Now hopefully I can get my local shop to order it up for not too much of a mark up :busted:

Have you replaced your cam chain before ?

Thanks Don.

Found it here, it is a 33mm.

http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/search/by_motorcycle/flywheel_pullers/2007/Yamaha/WR_450F/all/

Now hopefully I can get my local shop to order it up for not too much of a mark up :busted:

Have you replaced your cam chain before ?

Yeah, when I swapped cams I figured what the hell for 13 bucks, sheeez... the hardest part in my opinion, is re-installing the chain tensioner:banghead:

Have fun... have a good stock of Okeefe's on hand (Is that beer still drunk, drank, guzzled, anymore?)

When I was a kid we used to go fishing at Hi Hium, (Cache Creek, Loon Lake) and at 18 yo you could by beer in Canada... O'keefes was the good stuff back then:banana:

Yeah, when I swapped cams I figured what the hell for 13 bucks, sheeez... the hardest part in my opinion, is re-installing the chain tensioner:banghead:

Have fun... have a good stock of Okeefe's on hand (Is that beer still drunk, drank, guzzled, anymore?)

When I was a kid we used to go fishing at Hi Hium, (Cache Creek, Loon Lake) and at 18 yo you could by beer in Canada... O'keefes was the good stuff back then:banana:

Well I'm on the same type of program. Replacing my piston with a HC and cams with YZ. Do the cam chain while I'm in there. I got a really good deal on a set of 08 cams so I figured I will first try it with both cams and if the E-start doesn't work than just go with the intake. I'm hoping the 08's will give me some top end and the HC piston some bottom. We'll see.....

Did you fish your new chain in with a string from the bottom or did you just drop it in from the top?

Hi Hium's a cool spot, dual sported through there years ago. I used to drink O'keefes when I was younger too, but I think that was because of the higher alcohol content, 6% :busted:

It's all about the Pilsner now :thumbsup:

Did you fish your new chain in with a string from the bottom or did you just drop it in from the top?

I can't remember, I used the method explained to me by EL' MANUEL', I'm sure, and I think that called for dropping it in from the top?

I can't remember, I used the method explained to me by EL' MANUEL', I'm sure, and I think that called for dropping it in from the top?

I can't find anything in the manual on actual cam chain replacement :busted:

I've just read Grayracers explanation.

I've just read Grayracers explanation.

Probably better than any method explained be El' Manuel'...:busted:

I honestly can't remember how I did it and odd you can'tfdind it in the manual.

Good Luck