HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WR450Fridin

Striped bolt on the oil filter plate? is there a risk of shavings in the oil?

6 posts in this topic

well when i took my oil filter plate off the bolt striped on the way out?? i have never had this happen. what do yall think is the reason? i sucked the shavings out with a shop vac and a magnet. i put the bolt back in but it wont get tight. my plan is to drill and tap it out and replace the bolt useing so high temp ainti sizue. my question is has anyone seen this happen before? and is there a chance the oil runs so close to the bolt that if i drill in there it could get in the motor? (like drilling in to an oil journal) thanks guys

7423_648485433388_55715550_37814543_298546_n.jpg

thanks

I don't know about every one else but when I'm drilling or re-tapping ne thing like this I use a real heavy duty axle grease.. It catches most all the metal shavings.

I just took mine off. Gasket was lik 5 or 6 bucks and then you know you get a quality job. I think all together it too a little over an hour to do.

Same thing happened with my yz250f. Ended up taking it to the shop to get it re-taped as its not a tool in confident with.