Ducati parts on my Husqvarna 610

So, I just bought a used 2000 TE-610 and took it for a tune up to Tasky's in Everett, WA. Jeff worked on it and said that it was a European version, and he'd never seen one like mine. I was giving it a closer look this weekend and noticed that it's got Ducati branded parts in some of the places on the bike. Granted, this is my 2nd Husqvarna (1st was a 1974 400 2 stroke), so a lot is new to me about them. I know they all now come with brembo and Ohlins, right? Did Ducati have something to do with making these? Any clues?

Dave

There is some family ties. For several years they were manufactured by MV who also owned the Cagiva and Ducati lines. Things have changed now and Ducati is once again their own company, Husqvarna is now owned by BMW and Harley Davidson bought out MV.

So, then it's totally normal to have Ducati branded stuff on my Husqvarna. Cool. I love my Ducati Multistrada 1100S so much I married it on Facebook (to the dismay of my girl, but I was just being honest). I just wish I could marry my Husqvarna there too and have both wives and the mistress(es) listed. :-)

Dave

There is some family ties. For several years they were manufactured by MV who also owned the Cagiva and Ducati lines. Things have changed now and Ducati is once again their own company, Husqvarna is now owned by BMW and Harley Davidson bought out MV.

Some family ties? That's a gross understatement!

Cagiva rescued Ducati from oblivion and made it into the company it is today.

For all those unaware of it the brothers Castiglioni convinced Massimo Tamburini the father of Bimota to come on board and head up the Ducati program which the Castiglioni brothers had acquired just a few years earlier. If I remember correctly Ducati was acquired maybe a year or two before the brothers Castiglioni acquired Husqvarna brand from Elextrodux Sweden.

Anyway Massimo Tamburini designed some of the most recognized Ducati's out the like the original 916, 900 Supersport and the Ducati Paso. He was also the creative director for the original Ducati Monster.

It was around this time that Cagiva was forced to sell Ducati to raise badly needed revenue to keep the company a float, very similar to the sale of Husqvarna to BMW.

In the end Ducati became the icon that it is today and the vision of the brand was those Castiglioni brothers and Massimo Tamburini who was also the person responsible for the current Husqvarna look!

Now Husqvarna has a rich future ahead of it... very similar to Ducati's

HuskyRips :busted:

I'm guessing it was a Ducati stator? Or some other electrical component.

Yeah, electrical stuff, up on the neck of the bike.

I notice you live in Washington as well, you ride down towards Westport much? I'm looking to figure out how to dirt road from Seattle, WA to Westport. Shoot me an e-mail if you know of any rides out that way.

Dave

For all those unaware of it the brothers Castiglioni convinced Massimo Tamburini the father of Bimota to come on board and head up the Ducati program which the Castiglioni brothers had acquired just a few years earlier. If I remember correctly Ducati was acquired maybe a year or two before the brothers Castiglioni acquired Husqvarna brand from Elextrodux Sweden.

Anyway Massimo Tamburini designed some of the most recognized Ducati's out the like the original 916, 900 Supersport and the Ducati Paso. He was also the creative director for the original Ducati Monster.

It was around this time that Cagiva was forced to sell Ducati to raise badly needed revenue to keep the company a float, very similar to the sale of Husqvarna to BMW.

In the end Ducati became the icon that it is today and the vision of the brand was those Castiglioni brothers and Massimo Tamburini who was also the person responsible for the current Husqvarna look!

Well fine, if you want to split hairs, it was Electrolux that sold Husky to Cagiva.:banana:

?:banana:

I have 08 610 and have had the staor in hand, did not see that!

Electrolux bought the entire Husqvarna company, (appliences, seweing machines, microwaves and motorcycles in the early 70's, definatly was the owner when I was involved mid 70's. Then sold off the MC division in 87 to the Cagiva boys. Closed US import when they got found some thieves in their camp and focused on other markets. I thought they where gone (this is preinternet) then in '92 my Son went to the ISDE and came back saying it was the bike of choice of Euro riders that did not have a Jap sponsorship and they where good in all classes (the Sweds where good in the bigger classes, smaller stuff like 125 was always a toad, 250 marginal)

I beleive it was 2000 that the Cagiva boys sold Ducati to the Texans, Ferrachi lost his road race team deal that he had so sometime after that he took on the Husky distribution in US, now that has been snatched away by the BMW deal.

that is spot on, except for one small thing, miguel galuzzi designed the monster. he also designed the cagiva raptor. but tamburini was definitely responsible for the 916 and in doing so saved ducati's bacon, although i say the 888 is a more muscular design and my favourite, closely followed by the supermono, both designed by pierre terblanche. the 888 being a facelift of the iconic 851 superbike.

paul.?

that is spot on, except for one small thing, miguel galuzzi designed the monster. he also designed the cagiva raptor. but tamburini was definitely responsible for the 916 and in doing so saved ducati's bacon, although i say the 888 is a more muscular design and my favourite, closely followed by the supermono, both designed by pierre terblanche. the 888 being a facelift of the iconic 851 superbike.

paul.:busted:

Yes, you are correct the very talented Miguel Galuzzi did design the Monster!.... BUT Terblanche was the design director of CRD and mentored Galuzzi. If it wasn't for Terblanche support on the the Monster project there is a very good chance that bike would have never existed. I still remember a discussion I had with someone at the time in Ducati who said he thought the Monster wasn't marketable. Let's just say the idiot is no longer employed in the powersport industry.

Yes, you are correct the very talented Miguel Galuzzi did design the Monster!.... BUT Terblanche was the design director of CRD and mentored Galuzzi. If it wasn't for Terblanche support on the the Monster project there is a very good chance that bike would have never existed. I still remember a discussion I had with someone at the time in Ducati who said he thought the Monster wasn't marketable. Let's just say the idiot is no longer employed in the powersport industry.

i love em, i've had three. :busted: