426 carb

i have an 02 yz426 and i am looking for a new carb, does anyone know if any of the newer 450 carbs will work? and what i should expect to pay:ride:

As far as I know, the newer carbs will work. There might be cabling issues but I doubt it, and if there were, the throttle and cables from a later bike would correct them.

New carbs are close to $1000. You might find a used one cheap on eBay, but if they're in really good shape, don't be surprised at $200-250, especially for a later one.

Check the classifieds here, then look on eBay.

As far as I know, the newer carbs will work. There might be cabling issues but I doubt it, and if there were, the throttle and cables from a later bike would correct them.

And what about jetting, Gray? Is there a chance that a bone stock `07 450 carb will work good on a 426 without having to re-jet?

And what about jetting, Gray? Is there a chance that a bone stock `07 450 carb will work good on a 426 without having to re-jet?
There's a chance, yes. I don't think it's too likely, though. Still, it shouldn't be too tough to accomplish.