HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
idelfs

426 carb

4 posts in this topic

i have an 02 yz426 and i am looking for a new carb, does anyone know if any of the newer 450 carbs will work? and what i should expect to pay:ride:

As far as I know, the newer carbs will work. There might be cabling issues but I doubt it, and if there were, the throttle and cables from a later bike would correct them.

New carbs are close to $1000. You might find a used one cheap on eBay, but if they're in really good shape, don't be surprised at $200-250, especially for a later one.

Check the classifieds here, then look on eBay.

As far as I know, the newer carbs will work. There might be cabling issues but I doubt it, and if there were, the throttle and cables from a later bike would correct them.

And what about jetting, Gray? Is there a chance that a bone stock `07 450 carb will work good on a 426 without having to re-jet?

And what about jetting, Gray? Is there a chance that a bone stock `07 450 carb will work good on a 426 without having to re-jet?
There's a chance, yes. I don't think it's too likely, though. Still, it shouldn't be too tough to accomplish.