how are yz426f's??????

im thinkn bout tradein my 04 ktm 250exc rfs for a 2002 yz426f with hot cams and a couple more little things. but what does everyone think bout them?? are they good bikes?? and i also heard stock for stock theyll out run some

450's. is this true??? anyones oppinions would be greatly apreciated thanks.

I have a 2000- it is the best bike I have ever owned. I have had 0 problems with it. I have only had to adjust one valve in almost 10 years of trail riding, Baja pre-running, and motocross racing. The bike is heavier than some, but it can take crashes without disintegrating. If you don't like to keep the same bike forever, don't buy it- You will never want to part with it :busted:

there bullet proof mx bikes , but the bike is 9 years old so it may be a ticking time bomb and i hope he is giving u alittle cash on the trade

I still kick myself in the ass for trading my 00 off and buying my 06, I loved my 426. Great bikes when taken care of.

Two words:

Reliable Tank.

Great bike, never had a problem. Dosen't feel like a tank to me, but I am 6'4" 220. Sounds like you are getting the losing end of the trade though $$$ wise.

yeah my bike needs a couple of things it isnt perfect. this 426 has hot cams and the guy said his neighbor had it befor him and the guy rebuilt it. i heard they wer faster then a 450 is that true????

i heard they wer faster then a 450 is that true????
:thumbsup: No :busted:

Very fast, though.

My freind has a 01 426f and i got a 06 450f. After riding both ive noticed the power is close but the 450 has more bottom end and the 450 odviously is less of a tank. Both good bikes though.
:banana: No :banana:

Very fast, though.

Definitely fast enough for most mortals. :thumbsup:

The stock suspension on a newer bike will be better than a '426.

I've had my '00 426 for a few years now, and not a lick of trouble with it. Bullet proof and extremely reliable come to mind.:busted:

will they out run a banshee?? i got a boy wantin to put money on racing his banshee. its stock. i think it will but at the same time ive never road either one lol.

I wouldn't put money on winning against a banshee.

haha alrite. thanks everyone. anything bout the 426 i should look for when i go to look at it??? like flaws they have.

will they out run a banshee?? i got a boy wantin to put money on racing his banshee. its stock. i think it will but at the same time ive never road either one lol.

Guess it would completely depend on the riders and course.

Racing on a flat surface without turns, I would say no.

If in tight woods or an extremely uneven terrain, it might.

not faster than 450 but close best reliable bike you will ever own a little heavy you can ligten it up a little .

I'll put it like this... I may be a Suzuki guy, and I love my DRZ400 dearly. But if I would sell. I would opt for a 01 or 02 426. even though its 2010 next year. If that doesnt convince you... then I dont know what will.:busted:

EDIT: people keep saying there heavy... honestly, where do you guy's come up with this stuff? My 400E has a 285lb curb weight and I dont really have a problem with it, but I am 5'11 198lb's and I work out everyday, so that may be why.

i have a 01' 426 - best bike i have ever owned and the only perf mods it has is a header pipe, misc. guards, top clamp and bar. only thing ive replaced is fork and shock seals. mostly i only trail ride and i have no problem staying with the 450s, it will spin the tire in 5th

i have a 01' 426 - best bike i have ever owned and the only perf mods it has is a header pipe, misc. guards, top clamp and bar. only thing ive replaced is fork and shock seals. mostly i only trail ride and i have no problem staying with the 450s, it will spin the tire in 5th

Then do the auto-decomp mod also and you will place it first in the list next time :busted:

It'll stomp a stock banshee.

My YZ250 (when stock) would beat my piped, deleted airbox and jetted banshee pretty easily in a 100yd sand drag. Same result with a few different riders swapping rides.

It's cheap and easy to have a 60+hp banshee that looks like a bone stock motor, so dont get caught with your pants down.

It's cheap and easy to have a 60+hp banshee that looks like a bone stock motor, so dont get caught with your pants down.

What isn't cheap and easy is getting a Banshee to weigh less than 300+ pounds. That's their weakness.