HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
crf7212

how are yz426f's??????

43 posts in this topic

im thinkn bout tradein my 04 ktm 250exc rfs for a 2002 yz426f with hot cams and a couple more little things. but what does everyone think bout them?? are they good bikes?? and i also heard stock for stock theyll out run some

450's. is this true??? anyones oppinions would be greatly apreciated thanks.

I have a 2000- it is the best bike I have ever owned. I have had 0 problems with it. I have only had to adjust one valve in almost 10 years of trail riding, Baja pre-running, and motocross racing. The bike is heavier than some, but it can take crashes without disintegrating. If you don't like to keep the same bike forever, don't buy it- You will never want to part with it :busted:

there bullet proof mx bikes , but the bike is 9 years old so it may be a ticking time bomb and i hope he is giving u alittle cash on the trade

I still kick myself in the ass for trading my 00 off and buying my 06, I loved my 426. Great bikes when taken care of.

Great bike, never had a problem. Dosen't feel like a tank to me, but I am 6'4" 220. Sounds like you are getting the losing end of the trade though $$$ wise.

yeah my bike needs a couple of things it isnt perfect. this 426 has hot cams and the guy said his neighbor had it befor him and the guy rebuilt it. i heard they wer faster then a 450 is that true????

i heard they wer faster then a 450 is that true????
My freind has a 01 426f and i got a 06 450f. After riding both ive noticed the power is close but the 450 has more bottom end and the 450 odviously is less of a tank. Both good bikes though.

i heard they wer faster then a 450 is that true????
:banana: No :banana:

Very fast, though.

Definitely fast enough for most mortals. :thumbsup:

The stock suspension on a newer bike will be better than a '426.

I've had my '00 426 for a few years now, and not a lick of trouble with it. Bullet proof and extremely reliable come to mind.:busted:

will they out run a banshee?? i got a boy wantin to put money on racing his banshee. its stock. i think it will but at the same time ive never road either one lol.

haha alrite. thanks everyone. anything bout the 426 i should look for when i go to look at it??? like flaws they have.

will they out run a banshee?? i got a boy wantin to put money on racing his banshee. its stock. i think it will but at the same time ive never road either one lol.

Guess it would completely depend on the riders and course.

Racing on a flat surface without turns, I would say no.

If in tight woods or an extremely uneven terrain, it might.

not faster than 450 but close best reliable bike you will ever own a little heavy you can ligten it up a little .

I'll put it like this... I may be a Suzuki guy, and I love my DRZ400 dearly. But if I would sell. I would opt for a 01 or 02 426. even though its 2010 next year. If that doesnt convince you... then I dont know what will.:busted:

EDIT: people keep saying there heavy... honestly, where do you guy's come up with this stuff? My 400E has a 285lb curb weight and I dont really have a problem with it, but I am 5'11 198lb's and I work out everyday, so that may be why.

i have a 01' 426 - best bike i have ever owned and the only perf mods it has is a header pipe, misc. guards, top clamp and bar. only thing ive replaced is fork and shock seals. mostly i only trail ride and i have no problem staying with the 450s, it will spin the tire in 5th

i have a 01' 426 - best bike i have ever owned and the only perf mods it has is a header pipe, misc. guards, top clamp and bar. only thing ive replaced is fork and shock seals. mostly i only trail ride and i have no problem staying with the 450s, it will spin the tire in 5th

Then do the auto-decomp mod also and you will place it first in the list next time :busted:

It'll stomp a stock banshee.

My YZ250 (when stock) would beat my piped, deleted airbox and jetted banshee pretty easily in a 100yd sand drag. Same result with a few different riders swapping rides.

It's cheap and easy to have a 60+hp banshee that looks like a bone stock motor, so dont get caught with your pants down.

It's cheap and easy to have a 60+hp banshee that looks like a bone stock motor, so dont get caught with your pants down.

What isn't cheap and easy is getting a Banshee to weigh less than 300+ pounds. That's their weakness.