HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sirthumpalot

suspension setup tips wanted

4 posts in this topic

I'm hitting an outdoor MX track for the first time this friday and I need to setup my suspension. I weigh about 160 without gear. Any general tips from people of similar size would be great!

I weight 162lbs. w/o gear and I am still on the stock clicker settings (sometimes I go 1-2 softer on the top if the track has alot of braking bumps)! I ride strictly MX and it rides really good! This bike comes from the factory setup for a 180lb guy, so it works great for a fast 162lb er'! ! I also bleed the air out of my forks every time I come in and it helps with the harshness! Im sure mine is not perfect but it works good! Oh yeah I forgot I have Mobil 1 ATF in mine it helps to stiffen the front end and it doesnt dive on corners anymore!

Garrett

------------------

I get my kicks on a 426!

Motoman393's MX Site

[This message has been edited by motoman393 (edited 06-21-2001).]

Motoman,

I'm new to this, so forgive me. How do you bleed the air from the forks?

Don

There are vent screws on the top next to the rebound adjusters.

Also thanks for the reply. I set it back closer to stock (I had the compression turned way out) and I'll give it a shot. Hopefully I won't pogo myself to death. :)

[This message has been edited by sirthumpalot (edited 06-21-2001).]