It's Here...the 2010 YZ450F

I can already hear Chad Reed whining about not being competitive next year because he is stuck with 'old' technology.

They are $9,000 and I heard late November or early December for delivery. Dealers will only get 11 units for the year so deposits early will ensure you can get one.

Perhaps if you have to be #1 in line to get one.

In 08, we had the 09 CRF MSRP listed for 7499. Some who wanted it day 1 were willing to pay 9K+ for it. I purchased mine in Sept of 08 for 7599 OTD. Mind you, this was in CALI. Out of state, high 6K's OTD.

Now they are going used for 5-6K and new for around 7K or so.

I don't think the demand will be as high for the YZ in comparison and in a down economy.

dry is 234. 245 is wet weght

The 2010 YZ450 seems to be 11lbs heavier than the 09 CRF at 234 (wet weight).

Interesting. Very interesting.

Just spoke with the sales manager at the local dealership. He SAYS he should have a couple on the floor in the next couple of weeks. We will see. Put my name on the list with a trade it so I'll let you all know shortly.

Wounder why its 7 pounds heavied than a 09

I wish they would make it lighter

I can't beleive most of the rumors were true very exciting time for Yamaha.

im all over that. Formula 1 technology there boys that things crazy.

EFI always seems to add weight...HOWEVER, i suspect it will FEEL much lighter than an 09'...(JS7 says it feels "almost like a 125!!")...SIGN ME UP!!

And yes it sounds like a wet sump single oil supply...surprising.

I can't beleive most of the rumors were true very exciting time for Yamaha.

Who do you think started the rumors? It's called marketing and hype. If they wanted to keep it a secret like the yz400 and the yz250f, they would have.

In the first place, I don't see how you can call it ugly, but that's me. But let me point out again, lots of ugly stuff is very effective; Glock pistols, the M249 SAW, the F-117, Irish Wolfhounds.....

If you want bling, I'd suggest building a chopper. Politely, of course. :busted:

Indeed!

and, adding to the list; the new Husabergs . . . effective, innovative, but probably not as "ugly" as the new Yamahas.;-)

looks like its gonna be tough checking valves!!!:busted:

EFI always seems to add weight...HOWEVER, i suspect it will FEEL much lighter than an 09'...(JS7 says it feels "almost like a 125!!")...SIGN ME UP!!

And yes it sounds like a wet sump single oil supply...surprising.

JS is paid big money to say that. There's no escaping 245 lbs.

looks like its gonna be tough checking valves!!!:busted:
On the contrary. With the perimeter frame, and no carb cables running over the top of the engine, it looks like it should be easier.

People have been moving the bore away from the crank center line on Briggs and stratton cart engines for years... why so long for motor bikes?

guess who is waiting for the '11 yz250f ?

it starts with ME and ends with ME!

People have been moving the bore away from the crank center line on Briggs and stratton cart engines for years... why so long for motor bikes?
Some of the top engine builders involved with flat trackers and such have been doing this too, but it's a complicated modification to accomplish after the fact. Longer rods work the same way, and are somewhat simpler to deploy.

I like how it looks with all the carb vent hoses gone...

22mm offset clamps, adjustable position bars...Nice...

And I don't think the seat will get hot...You can see the heat shield material lining the plastic that covers the pipe, then there's a whole bunch of open pass through air flow under the seat...And no worries of hot gasoline going to the carb...Nice...

Gray, does the efi work the same no matter what position the bike is in (ie: upside down)? Don't have to worry about flooding anymore?

i'm thinking i'll be picking one of these units up in the next year after the initial rush wears off..