It's Here...the 2010 YZ450F

So far for pipes I've seen the GYTR mod but it will be interesting to see what the aftermarketers will come up with for pipes and silencers.

So far for pipes I've seen the GYTR mod but it will be interesting to see what the aftermarketers will come up with for pipes and silencers.

Akropovik has a pipe for it.

MAX!!!

Akropovik has a pipe for it.

MAX!!!

I just looked on Akro's home page.

So far all they have listed is a slip on muffler,it is listed as coming soon.

I haven't "seen" any pipes listed for it yet, except the GYT-R. (FMF has one listed with pics coming soon)

I can't wait to see other companies pipes and configurations.

Dr.D has one but they are the ones that made it for GYT-R

Dr.D has one but they are the ones that made it for GYT-R

Dr. D is making his own as well to different specs than the GYTR.

Dr. D is making his own as well to different specs than the GYTR.

I did not know that! Thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

I mainly want to see FMF and how they incorperate the mega bomb and power bomb

I mainly want to see FMF and how they incorperate the mega bomb and power bomb

The tornado loop, has potential for all kinds of things to happen.

I can see almost a cross over type resonator with an inverted double TT type design.

Are some people really finding fault with a bike because of what it looks like when being rode? I need something more substantial than that. Also i think people should stop worrying about a bunch of small things they have no idea about like the subframe welds. Give me a break. I believe Yamaha and almost all manufactures test bikes and develop them for potentially years, esp this bike i'm sure. So i'm sure there won't be any big surprises that will make this bike a lemon. Also we should limit the "ugly as sin" posts. Useless opinions that no one cares about

Are some people really finding fault with a bike because of what it looks like when being rode?
Crazy, isn't it? Especially when the commentary by those who have ridden the bike is so much to the contrary.

Give me a break. ... we should limit the "ugly as sin" posts. Useless opinions that no one cares aboutI don't find it ugly in the least. For those who do, I will say again, a lot of very effective things are ugly; Glock pistols, the M249 SAW, Irish Wolfhounds, ...

The tornado loop, has potential for all kinds of things to happen.

I can see almost a cross over type resonator with an inverted double TT type design.

Interesting that you should say that Steve:thumbsup: Looking at some picutres posted by Sozo:

http://sozoamplification.com/stewart.html

that are also referenced in another thread, one can see a piece of an Akropovic pipe that is tacked into the middle of the "Tornado" and that appears to join, at least mechnically even if their is no gas port, the sections of the middle of the loop. It's the third picture down.

DRD had an experimental pipe for the YZ250F that had what would be effectively the same thing as a "crossover" in that loop. The header had a loop of tubing that rose from the pipe just after the U-bend, paralleled the pipe for about 5", then rejoined it. My assumption is that it was nothing more than another way to configure a resonator, and was likely linked to the gas stream by perforations in the header wall, ala Power Bomb.

There's a picture on the forum someplace, but I can't think of any search terms with which to pull it up.

DRD had an experimental pipe for the YZ250F that had what would be effectively the same thing as a "crossover" in that loop. The header had a loop of tubing that rose from the pipe just after the U-bend, paralleled the pipe for about 5", then rejoined it. My assumption is that it was nothing more than another way to configure a resonator, and was likely linked to the gas stream by perforations in the header wall, ala Power Bomb.

There's a picture on the forum someplace, but I can't think of any search terms with which to pull it up.

The thing I saw that I thought could show up in the tornado,was on Doug Henry's bike with the roll cage.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=8471688#post8471688

That's a different pipe, but the same setup as the experimental pipe I saw.

Selling my 08 and buying one, local dealer had yamaha rep. in last week talking about all the 2010 model bikes, with a letter from yamah stating no dealer will get any dirtbike four or two stroke until jan. not sure if this is true for all, but kinda sucks got to wait that long.

My dealer sez that Yamaha will release the first shipment oct 9th, thats what his shipping invoice is saying...

Selling my 08 and buying one, local dealer had yamaha rep. in last week talking about all the 2010 model bikes, with a letter from yamah stating no dealer will get any dirtbike four or two stroke until jan. not sure if this is true for all, but kinda sucks got to wait that long.

No, its not true. My dealer is getting their first 2010's in like two weeks.