yz450f 07 rear shock oil?

I ask my local dealer, what is the standard shock oil. They tryed to look it up but could only tell me the weight, think it was 2.5. I like the bikes suspension so would like stock oil, so it will stay the same. I have 01 and s1 fork oil left over. I am going to change the oil and re-gas myself. Bike has done 130 hours. Just replaced piston, plug and checked shims, had not moved in 60 hours, love this bike. Hope it will last till I can pick up a slightly soiled 2010, when 2011 come out.:busted:

The standard shock oil is Yamaha S1. It's about $30/qt. Amsoil shock Therapy or Motorex shock oil is just as good for a lot less. Any viscosity from 2.5 - 5 should be OK.

The Factory Connection oil is likely to be some other shock oil re-branded. It may also be very good in spite of that.

The absolute best available is 215.VM2.K5, from SMART Performance. In this case, though, it sounded as if the OP was just looking to recondition the shock for sale.

The Factory Connection oil is likely to be some other shock oil re-branded. It may also be very good in spite of that.

The absolute best available is 215.VM2.K5, from SMART Performance. In this case, though, it sounded as if the OP was just looking to recondition the shock for sale.

Yup, It's probably just good ol' Kayaba oil in a black bottle.. :busted:

Yup, It's probably just good ol' Kayaba oil in a black bottle.. :busted:
Way too inexpensive for that, I'd guess.

thanks, becouse I have s1 I'll use it