how to get a igntion key for a yz426f?

wondering if it is possible to get a key for a yz without buying a darkar dualsport kit.

See my YZ450 build thread. Electrosport and others carry a simple keyed ignition switch. "Off" shorts the ignition switch to ground the way a kill switch does and "On" can be used to either turn the kill off or also turn on a separate DC circuit (which mine does).

did u get the crf250x/450x ignitin key thing from electrosport and it worked on your yz? would it work on my 426 most likley cause it looks like thats the only one they sell with the mount?

It's universal and will work on any bike.

thanks im going to order one now. hopefully it will make it harder to steal.

thanks im going to order one now. hopefully it will make it harder to steal.
:busted: that made my day!

No idea why they call it a CRF switch. It's just a universal keyed ignition switch with 4 wires coming out of it - 2 that go to the kill switch and 2 that go to anything else you want to turn "on" when the key is turned to the on position, like a DC electrical system, as in my case.

do you just have to wire it to the kill switch?

Yes, find two of the four wires that form a circuit when the switch is in the "off" position. Connect those to the kill switch. When the key is "off", the switch will connect the circuit for the kill switch.